Warthog Helo

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 27, 2007, 10:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

May I sugest, Baz, Don't throw that gatling out of the build. It might be interesting to complement the viper's gun in the nose with a podded one under the ¿wings?.

Remember the arrangement of the AH-56 comanche? one nose turret and one ventral pod?

So far, melikes!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Rafa
(still in urgent need of KNITTING NEEDLES)
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

QuoteMay I sugest, Baz, Don't throw that gatling out of the build. It might be interesting to complement the viper's gun in the nose with a podded one under the ¿wings?.

Isn't the GE gun freaking enormous though?  Very long and heavy, too?  
Seem to recall some pic of it beside a VW to show how big the assembly was.  You're right, though: the winglets are going to be overloaded.  This puppy would never get off the ground in real life.

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Don't ya just love a concept as it comes alive? I'm very interested in this one JHM!
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

B777LR

QuoteMay I sugest, Baz, Don't throw that gatling out of the build. It might be interesting to complement the viper's gun in the nose with a podded one under the ¿wings?.

Seem to recall some pic of it beside a VW to show how big the assembly was.  You're right, though: the winglets are going to be overloaded.  This puppy would never get off the ground in real life.
The ammunition drum alone was bigger than the volkwagen!!

rallymodeller

The ammunition drum alone was bigger than the volkwagen!!
Yep. Ovberall (with drum) the GAU-8's about the same length as a C-172.  :o  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Shasper

Better go w/t M-197.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Mossie

Yeah, chuffin' huge!  Found that pic:

Build that helo mate, it looks fantastic from just the mock up!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

retro_seventies

QuoteThe mock-up is just screaming to be built:

no sh*t.

still like shas's 4 bladed rotor idea.

you gonna go with the skids from the cobra or retractable wheeled, or non retractable wheeled, or...??

questions questions questions - the world wants to know!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

B777LR

QuoteYep. Ovberall (with drum) the GAU-8's about the same length as a C-172.  :o
What?!? A C-172 is TINY! ;)  (at least if youve removed the interior of one)

John Howling Mouse

Yes: that's the pic! And the VW is closer to the camera than the cannon!
Huge!  Thanks for the pic, the resourcefulness on this site is top notch.

Yes, the kit comes with four-bladed rotor----that's what I'll use.

Speaking of rotors, with one overhead, I guess it would be a bad idea to have a rear-hinged canopy, right?  I still want to retain the A-10 canopy as it will help further distinguish the overall look of the helo but I might paint frames on the A-10's teardrop canopy and make it appear to hinge more like a Cobra's real one.  

Landing gear?  What to do?  What to do?  Why do they design skids for one helo and wheels for another?  

Something like the Cobra, could it taxi forward like an Apache if it had wheels?  Have they ever put wheeled gear on a Cobra?

Can I do the management fence-sitting-thing and have a hybrid of skids with integrated wheels?   :P  

Matej

What about to buy additional V-22 kit and create something like that:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...pic,1309.0.html

Bizare aviation expert

retro_seventies

the prototype had a retractable skid undercarriage....

looks slick, eh?

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

retro_seventies

if it has wheels then it could indeed taxi forward - the hind for example can carry so much on it's wings that it HAS to  take a rolling start as it is unable to take off vertically.

maybe giving the "un-named badass attack helo based on a warthog...javelina?" wheels would allow it to taxi and carry much more...

...you could always add a couple of small turbofans....

like a missing link between the xv1 (but with fans)

and the xv2 (except less "wingy" and "turbofanny").

NOTE - am astonished at the word "turbofanny".

John Howling Mouse

QuoteWhat about to buy additional V-22 kit and create something like that:

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...pic,1309.0.html
Ahhh...too scared: YOU do it (probably already have, haven't you?  ;)  )

John Howling Mouse

Quotethe prototype had a retractable skid undercarriage....
looks slick, eh?

Stop!  Stop!  My organic CPU is overloading!!!   :P

Yeah, that is nice.  So, why do I always feel the need to "ugly" stuff up, instead???

Doctor?  Doctor?