K

He111 Question

Started by K5054NZ, January 27, 2007, 11:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

Hey all

Value for money, accuracy etc, what is the best Heinkel He.111 kit available in 1:72? I'd like to do a CASA 2.111 and I need to get a hold of a kit first.

All input greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Zac

Aircav

Hi Zac
if you go for the Revell He-111 kit you'll find its the Hasegawa kit re-boxed and with better decals but for the CASA you'll need a couple of Lancaster engines.
Hope this helps
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

The Italeri kit is also nice. ;)

Why not do it Papal Air Force with stained glass windows? Remember, HE-111s were also used as transports too. :cheers:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

Italeri does a rebox of revell kit (or at least they did). Italeri also does the He-111Z.

Forget the airfix kit at all costs, even if someone wants to give it to you.  

Radish

Hey, that Airfix kit was great when I built it circa 1964 :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

QuoteHey, that Airfix kit was great when I built it circa 1964 :lol:
So was the MG MIDGET  ;)  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Chap

QuoteHey, that Airfix kit was great when I built it circa 1964 :lol:
So was the MG MIDGET  ;)  :D
:lol:  

K5054NZ

QuoteHi Zac
if you go for the Revell He-111 kit you'll find its the Hasegawa kit re-boxed and with better decals but for the CASA you'll need a couple of Lancaster engines.
Hope this helps
Steve
Hi all,

Thanks a bundle for your input, I was leaning toward either the Revell or Italeri one anyways!

Re the CASA, I'm currently working on a 1:144 one and (yay) a spare Lancaster arrived today from RotorheadTX allowing me to finish that one - pics tomorrow (maybe).

Thanks again guys, and if anyone has either a RoG or Italeri one (and a spare pair of Lanc Melrins) please let me know.

Cheers,

Zac