M

Luftwaffe Rf-15d Recon

Started by markm70, January 28, 2007, 12:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm70

Well here it is, was a rather frustrating build but I got it done :cheers: Hope you enjoy :party:

The Luftwaffe was looking for a newer replacement for their aging fleet of RF-4 Phantoms and contacted McDonnell Douglas (Boeing)for a suitable replacement.  They had suggested the F-15 as a suitable platform and set out to build it.  After testing the Luftwaffe ordered 15 and came into service in 1999.  The USAF and JASDF are also looking at this new recon aircraft.  The Gun has been removed and the port faired over as well as all missile capability removed making this one very fast jet.

markm70

cthulhu77

Pretty!  Would be one hell of an Recce!

markm70

markm70

Maverick

Neat recon Eagle, looks the part with the RF nose and nice camo to boot

Mav

John Howling Mouse

Can honestly say that I think this is most attractive, intriguing scheme I have ever seen any F-15 in, real or imagined.

Simply and absolutely beautiful!  My hat's off to you.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mossie

I'll go along with Baz, that scheme, the markings & the recce nose make it look so much different than just another F-15.  Damn good job! :wub:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

markm70

Thanks, I used a scheme of one of the RF-4s in the Fujimi kit that supplied the nose.  I liked the way they brought the lower color up high and only a small bit of camo on the vertical stabilizers.  

The main kit is a chinese rip off of the Hasegawa F-15D down to the box art!  The ECM pod, decals and nose came from a Fujimi RF-4E and the drop tanks are F-105 tanks with the fins removed.

Brian da Basher

She looks absolutely gorgeous in that Luftwaffe camo, Markm70! Sweet!!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

:o

The paintjob looks gorgeous!

:lol: Funny, my F-15D also ended up a somewhat modified luftwaffe machine. Something about iron crosses on eagles just seems soooo right.

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

anthonyp

Very cool!  Seems there's something in the air as I put the final sub-assemblies together for my RF-15D last night.  I ended up using the old camera pod from an RF-18 I had in the parts bin, and a Tamiya TARPS pod, all on a Revell F-15D (which is the old Monogram F-15E from the early 80's, complete with odd bumps under the outer wings).

Wait till Evan sees this.  He and I have been trading RF-15 ideas since last summer.  Good to see someone beat us both to the punch  :lol:

Really nice paint scheme on it too, Mark!  I gotta keep your's and Henry's schemes in mind when I do up a Strike Eagle for the Luftwaffe!

Excellent job!

:cheers:  :cheers:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Archibald

Fabulous! I love this model! Very imaginative  :cheers:  (this give me ideas... Mirage 2000R with a IIIR nose...  :wub: )
Jaguar R... Suer Etendard P (to replace the Etendard IVP)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Keith Diamond

very nice concept and excellent job on grafting the RF-4 nose on the F-15 kit.  A very attractive build up indeed!
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Sisko

Something about the F15 in Luftwaffe camo is just so right!!!! B)

Nice job!! :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!