Gekko Group Build

Started by John Howling Mouse, January 28, 2007, 04:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

WhoooooHooooooo!

Already started mine...well, the first anyway :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Son of Damian

Do we have a time frame yet?
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Howard of Effingham

QuoteDo we have a time frame yet?
or for that matter, someone to lead this GB?  :unsure:  ^_^

t.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I'll have a word with some other folks around here with a view to jointly heading-it-up, depending upon getting the approval to do it, the timeframe agreed and whether I'm accepted for (another) promotional course later this year - I'd be happy to put my neck in the noose !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

I actually have a problem with this GB idea - how the hell am I supposed to narrow down which profile to turn into plastic?!  There are simply too many possible choices.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

QuoteI actually have a problem with this GB idea - how the hell am I supposed to narrow down which profile to turn into plastic?!  There are simply too many possible choices.
Simple!  Adopt my building strategy   :dum:   You'll do them all and then some!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Damian2

I'm in!!! There's a ton of profiles I love from this site!

Just say when and where!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

BlackOps

Dang you Jeremy! I would have been very tempted to build my Cuban Mig-15, Oh well I guess I still can, just not for the group build ;)

Lots of great profiles to choose from, sounds fun to me!

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Given Jennings recent re-appearence on the Spitfire I thread, thought it may be worth bringing this one back to the top of the pile.....

ALSO
Would it be worth combining this in some way with GOOBERLIBERATION's Gray Pride idea. Jennings, Mav, Gekko et al have all produced superb profiles of things that are usually 'grey' and made them 'green' and vice-versa. There's an almost unlimited pool ofideas there, why don't we use it ??

Just a thought.....

Ian
Dunno if anybody noticed - but it's almost EXACTLY a year between the last two posts on this thread ! :o
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 20, 2008, 01:37:30 PM
Given Jennings recent re-appearence on the Spitfire I thread, thought it may be worth bringing this one back to the top of the pile.....

ALSO
Would it be worth combining this in some way with GOOBERLIBERATION's Gray Pride idea. Jennings, Mav, Gekko et al have all produced superb profiles of things that are usually 'grey' and made them 'green' and vice-versa. There's an almost unlimited pool ofideas there, why don't we use it ??

Just a thought.....

Ian
Dunno if anybody noticed - but it's almost EXACTLY a year between the last two posts on this thread ! :o

So maybe a "Turn a Profile into Plastic" GB?  Sounds good.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

I've had the "Profiles GB" on the poll every time it comes up, and me and one or two others are the only ones who vote for it (seriously, I vote for it every time).  Usually the latest Group Build of the Week idea gets the attention and votes.

ysi_maniac

Can the MERDC Gina that appears in this thread:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,12919.0.html (2nd page)
be accepted?
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Who posted this profile?: pure genius!!!
Will die without understanding this world.

anthonyp

Alrighty, all!  The Profiles build is a go!  We've had at least three proposed profiles builds, paying tribute to the early profile proliferators, so this is gonna be a generic "I like that profile and am gonna build it!" sorta things!

Ian and Baz are going to be the mods, I just need to get with them on a few more things.

BlackOps

It's gonna take a month just to settle on one profile there are so many good one's to choose from!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.