G

Dilema

Started by Geoff_B, January 30, 2007, 04:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel Chicken

and no-one will be turned away (except Canadians.  We've run out of room to store their beer).

Dammit! I was thinking of deporting a bunch of Canadians from my forum at Airlinebuzz.com to over here. So much for that idea.  

Radish

Feeling sad.

Let's model.
Forget the crap, bloody MODEL!!! :(  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

QuoteFeeling sad.

Let's model.
Forget the crap, bloody MODEL!!! :(
Yep, will indeed model...later.    

But will first take care of those who have dropped away from the site (i.e. Tophe).

;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Radish

You're a good man, Barry
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

John Howling Mouse

QuoteAnd like all good things [praise and encouragement] should come in small doses !!!, the more its used the less value it holds.... <_<

Limiting praise and/or encouragement?

With the sole exception of a contributor directly requesting "no praise nor encouragement sought,"  nope, no way, never gonna happen.

Can't imagine the mindset that would seek to limit this.  Can respect the wishes of an individual so inclined (even though they've gone to the trouble to display their own personal work in a public forum), I suppose, but truly can't comprehend the mindset.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Bloody dumb stuff, if you ask me.  Great...so one of the key idea people here has left, all because some of you don't like the compliments.

Way to go, guys.  Yeah, right.

And if I read any garbage about "if you can't take the heat, etc.." I'll be sure to post my unadulterated views of your work sometime...guarantee you, we'll see what's what.

cthulhu77

I was thinking you'd say that. :)

MerlinJones

Lots of interesting chat...tho' I get an impression, returning to this Thread after a few days away, that there's a circle forming. Time for something concrete and actionable, perchance?
So...
Go on then...as a test pilot...Kill, Maim, Disfigure...puh-lease gimme your feedback. Kimberley Clark has a factory in Barrow, so tissues are in plentiful supply, either for my tears or your...er....enthusiasm.

cthulhu77

Perhaps some of the frustration comes from hearing the tone of many vaunted members of WhatIf, that sounds like "if you don't like it, too f'ing bad".

Like if you invited some vegetarians to a dinner party, and served steak...and said, "if you don't eat meat, tough.".

None of us are better than any of the others, it's real easy to rip someone's build, or idea of a profile, but it sure seems like the "rippers" have a lot of sway.  Many of the members have less experience in carving plastic, etc...but the sheer amount of ingenuity and imagination is astounding, to me.

Is it really so hard to dish out compliments for you ?  I can't imagine what a bitter pill it must be to swallow, to have to only dole out criticism.

Greg

Martin H

now were only going around in circles.

The admins have said what they feel needs to be said, now lets just let it be, and move back to what were all here to do........butcher plastic.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Alvis 3.1

Sounds good to me...not reading this thread from the get go also seems like it was a good idea as well.

Unfortunately, I have now read it.

(Section deleted)

Al Petrie

Runway ? ...

Right, now that's out of the way when's the makeup sex ?

:)

retro_seventies

i wouldn't usually, but you seem like such a nice young man.... :ph34r:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Supertom

EEEK!!!!

SHUT THE THREAD DOWN, SHUT THE THREAD DOWN!!!!!!!!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

retro_seventies

c'mon darlin' - there's room for more   ;)

maybe we can get rad to put his basque and fishnets on.  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.