This Hobby Can Be Cruel Sometimes

Started by Allan, February 01, 2007, 05:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hi fellows,
It might be hard to see on these photos, but I picked up my model after putting siilver paint on some small antenna that I had planned to attach to the plane and didn't notice that there was some silver paint on my fingertips. Now there's paint on the wings so I'll have to cut out some lozenge decal to cover it. You can see it on the first photo--a small blotch of silver paint near the wingtip.
And to make matters worse, one of the small antenna I was painting silver fell on the carpet under the modelling desk and I just can't find it, so I won't be able to put them on anyway cause I just have one left.

Wwhere're my knitting needles--let's see purl 1 drop 1--soon I'll have a scarf.
Allan in Canberra

ysi_maniac

Try to clean the silver stain with alcohol (ethilic or isopropilic, if first does not work). Then varnish again and every thing will be OK, I hope.
Carlos.
Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

Ah, the dreaded carpet monster!  How many times has Shanlyn chuckled watching me crawl around looking for a doo dad ?  

Mossie

Allan, two tips for slaying the old carpet monster.

First, if you've got one of those 'dust buster' style hand held vacuums use that, they normally have a little section where all the crap goes, which you should easily be able to find it in there.

Second, if you havent got one of those, stick one of the missus' stockings/tights over the end of a cylinder vacuum cleaner pipe.  When you pass over the top of the item you've lost, it should be stuck to the tights.

Hope it helps, good luck!

EDIT, spelt Allan's name wrongly, had to change it, it sends me nuts when people get my surname wrong!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chadders

My carpet monster has mutated!!!!!!! I've got wooden floors in my modelling room and it STILL manages to eat my dropped parts!  :(
Mark
"What if" baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

B777LR

Arrr! Killed my carpet monster this sommer! Burned it on the fire! Now ive got the zebra skin monster!

Leigh

QuoteMy carpet monster has mutated!!!!!!! I've got wooden floors in my modelling room and it STILL manages to eat my dropped parts!  :(
Mark
I have a tile monster that managed to eat a gear door off a 1/48th Corsair two weeks ago, I mean the piece is 1" X 1 1/2" and painted bright chromate green :blink:
Sometimes I'm scared to sit there for fear of my chair being swallowed into the vortex of lost parts.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Runway ? ...

My Carpetmonster owes me a 2" x 2" X 1 1/2" canopy. How??? I've told the bleep that if I don't get it by March then it's the dumpster for him. Gah! Wooden flooring for me in future. Can you hear me furry thing !!!  :)  

Allan

I've lost count of the times I've had to get down on my knees and do the pat the carpet with both hands routine.
Allan in Canberra

Sentinel Chicken

How about the Carpet Monster's evil sidekick, Folds in Clothes?

Folds in Clothes works in concert with Carpet Monster by secretly swallowing up the part and while the hapless victim is patting down the carpet in the vicinity of the work area, Folds in Clothes waits until the the victim leaves the area and drops the part off to another Carpet Monster in ANOTHER PART OF THE F****ING HOUSE!!

Allan

so bloody true
Allan in Canberra

had a haircut today and for the first time in my life the hairdresser suggested a new style that would "make me look like I had more hair".

how mortifying

at least I can still make light of it

Sentinel Chicken

Don't I know it. The lady who cuts my hair now runs the trimmer on my ears.

EAR HAIR? WHEN THE F DID I GET EAR HAIR????

Leigh

there is also the occasional visit from their relative Adhesive teacup, I spent hours once looking for a 1/72 instrument panel, again on a tile floor, only to find it on the bottom of my mug  as I was doing the dishes.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Brian da Basher

I'm still looking for half of the nose from a 1/144 DC-3. I chopped it off to bash it into a B-18. Half the nose went flying off somewhere into oblivion. I've been looking for this piece for three years now.

The odd thing is the piece is white and my carpet is dark blue. You'd think it'd be easy to find.
:blink:
Brian da Basher

Allan

Sentinel

My standard response is that ear hair is a sign of great masculine stamina and prowess.

Allan in Canberra