Hornet 2000 Configuration-V !!

Started by Deino, September 29, 2003, 07:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteWoah......is that ever cool looking !

Really too bad, eh ? That all these beauty a/c weren't produced, and here us poor enthusiasts are stuck with all these boring F-16s !
*chuckle* They're somewhat less boring when you work with them every day. :)  Though I don't think I'll be working on a model of one, at least a production one, anytime soon; now, I do have a few what-if's in mind, like a F-16F/F-2B hybrid or the original F-16XL design that used an F-16 horizontal as an all-moving vertical and had a variable inlet.  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

They wouldn't be all that bad if SOMEBODY, ANYBODY could paint them in a different camo scheme ! I mean, they are lovely looking birds, and an awesome performer ( specially the Dutch dude at the CNE a few years back.......WOW ! )

I actually wouldn't mind grabbing one of those Japanese F-2s......just don't tell anybody ! :lol:  :D  :o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

QuoteThey wouldn't be all that bad if SOMEBODY, ANYBODY could paint them in a different camo scheme !
don't worry Toad, I've got a sand/brown/green Tornado-style camo Saudi one in the works...  :huh:  

nev

QuoteThey wouldn't be all that bad if SOMEBODY, ANYBODY could paint them in a different camo scheme !
*nods head and murmurs approval*

C'mon Evan, work your magic with the big wigs at LM  :ar:  

Whatever happened to that lovely Euro 1 camo they oh so briefly wore in the late 70s.......?  At least Israel & Greece paint them in something other than that  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz: grey scheme..........

And I remember Toad did a lovely looking grey/grey Canadian one  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Nev, don't you remember my CF-166E??

:o  

Radish

I just love those "big-spine" F-16Ds, especially those with the conformal tanks.
My Canadian one (with the modified nose like a Hammerhead shark) is salted away for building later.
All black with low-viz insignia off that black Voodoo.
The F-16XL was an opportunity missed to build something really special. Monogram did a 1/72nd kit ages ago, and Ace did a 1/32nd kit which was squashed and innacurate.
But the F-2 is cool.
Mike, your camo job sounds good.
:ar:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

elmayerle

QuoteC'mon Evan, work your magic with the big wigs at LM  :ar:   

Whatever happened to that lovely Euro 1 camo they oh so briefly wore in the late 70s.......?  At least Israel & Greece paint them in something other than that  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz: grey scheme..........

I wish I had that much influence.  You did miss, though, some other different color schemes; I know both Indonesia and Venuzula (sp) have something other than gray schemes.  If the PR department here still has some, there's a lovely poster out there with the verticals of all the users of the F-16, including the special test birds, and it hints at some interesting schemes.  I think the Euro 1 scheme went away because it was too visible for air-to-air engagements.

I personally want to model a F-2B variant with the big spine (and it's really crowded, too) and conformal tanks.   :D  Though it might not be in Japanese markings.  Don't forget, both single- and twin-seat F-16XL's were flown and the 2-seater would be a candidate for the big spine, too (conformal tanks for that one would be "interesting").

Cheers,
Evan
:cheers:  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteThat all these beauty a/c weren't produced, and here us poor enthusiasts are stuck with all these boring F-16s !
:)  Maybe F-16s are so common they are boring now, but the YF-16 was a gorgeous beauty, and I was feeling bad in the 70s when everyone here said this was an ugly stupid plane, the best being our Frenchy marvel Mirage F-1E, for Belgium/Netherlands/Denmark/Norway. The F-16 won and European journalists insulted the poor YF-16, while I was feeling she was so beautiful...
With a bigger nose, the F-16A was less pretty, but F-16s are not bad shapes, according to me.
Of course, mass-production of million-dollars machines is another universe than our small models, but I think we can simply appreciate the preliminary project silhouettes, thanks to our dear Deino & Overscan, feeling happy... without insulting the built ones as big machines for actual pilots. We are just special, prefering thousands of projects rather than dozens of real machines... We are lucky an engineer and a pilot are among us (Evan and Ollie), let us appreciate each other's specificity and skills...
F-16s are not very boring :( , knowing their forefathers is just wonderful... :)  :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

QuoteNev, don't you remember my CF-166E??

:o
Remind me pictorially  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Heres Toads CF-166E from off the main website

link

Deino

Here's another picture of that original proposal:

:wub:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Ollie

Here ya go Nev boy, the CF-166E Maple Falcon.

John Howling Mouse

Well, if different camo on an F-16 you want, different you'll get.
Just wait til I get my desert and SEA camo schemed F-16T's done...!

(sort of F-16's, anyhow!)    -_-  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

One more view before I lose the photos!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Wonderful ones, both of you :wub: ... Please JHM, show that bird again when finished, with a nose and canopy, for us to appreciate plainly the beauty :wub:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]