Bae Stormcock

Started by SimonR, February 16, 2007, 02:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I'm glad to see you're moving forward on this project. It gives me inspiration..... B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

BlackOps

I wish our local road crews could fill holes that nicely!  :lol:    Lookin' good :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Howard of Effingham

QuoteI wish our local road crews could fill holes that nicely!  :lol:    Lookin' good :)
me too black ops. there are some very deep potholes here in coventry.

simon this is brilliant modelling and i'm very impressed.  :cheers:

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

SimonR

I finished the structural work on the rear fuselage this weekend. I still needs PSR x 1,000 but I'm pretty happy with it.

But... to meet the deadline for the Falklands GB I'm going to have to descope the project and use the original Shar wings. The Hunter big wings would have been cool but I would never make it in time for the GB. I might broaden the chord of the vertical stab and make the Stormcock a T-tail; a sort of British Starfighter.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

nev

I recognise those Burner cans....Hasegawa F-15?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

:o  Did someone mention "T-Tail" ????   :D  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SimonR

QuoteI recognise those Burner cans....Hasegawa F-15?
Tamiya 1/32 F-15E!
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

BlackOps

Simon, this is gonna be good!  The engine looks perfect, are you sure about the wings? Couldn't you just skip sleeping? (ignore the fact I haven't touched plastic in a month and am giving such rediculous advice!)

Enjoying following along :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

wolfik

wow...much work done Simon... :blink:
its another thing to make some conversions in 1/72 or /48 as in 1/24!!!!
it looks very cool and the idea with the fuselage engine is brilliant!!
after I saw the wings from the hunter I have now an idea to make my own conversion  B)
and now...some progress please  :cheers:  

SimonR

Quoteand now...some progress please  :cheers:
Some progress you say?

Starting to look like an A-7! The wing problem has been solved by the discovery of the GR.1 wing parts rattling around in the bottom of the box. The big wing concept is intact. Also, this kit is a bit of stinker and looks every one of its 33 years of age. I can't put if off any longer - I'm going to have to build the cockpit - which I am rubbish at and hate. But the worst is over, it's a conventional kit building exercise from here.
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Eddie M.

SWEET!! B) Very impressive endeavour. B)  B)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Rafael

Very good!!
I'm impressed by the smooth blending of plastic and Forex you achieved there!!

Also, the burner can and the short wing gives it a sort of supersonic look.

Beautiful. :wub: :wub:  :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Awestruck over here!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

I do like that nozzle :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

retro_seventies

plenty of beef in that can m'lud. :wub:  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.