Wz-10 Attack Helo

Started by Son of Damian, February 17, 2007, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Damian

So China recently admitted that the J-10 has entered service, and recently a number of photos for one of there other projects has made its way to the net, the WZ-10 attack helo. It looks like the design was influenced by numerious other helicopters like the Agusta-Westland A129 Mangusta, the Denel Aviation Rooivalk, and the Euro Tiger. There isn't a lot of info out there about the WZ-10 and as you can tell from the photos there are two different versions, one with a traditional tail rotor and one with an enclosed fan tail rotor. Also there is some difference in the design of the engine nacelles and possible the wings.

So who will be the first person to kit-bash one of these, and how long before Trumpeter releases a kit?

Heres a profile incase any of our artists want to use it ;)  ;)
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Captain Canada

Gives me the happiness of delicious feeling for helicopter goodness !

Great stuff !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

The one with the fenestron tail is a mock-up.

Jon

Archibald

Is this serious ? or is it a fake ?

Well, it was predictable. China is already building its own cargo aircrafts, trainers, fighters and transport helicopters. Next step was building an attack helicopter... I've never heard of this one before!  :o  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Spey_Phantom

i think a kitbash of this aircraft is possible, all you need is an 1/72 RoG RAH-66 and a 1/72 Italeri A-129 Mangusta. B)  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

Heres some more WZ-10 pics

The tail section reminds me of the Agusta A.109.
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Howard of Effingham

if you were scratchbuilding the chopper, you could probably get close by using
the canopy from a RoG eurocopter tiger kit. and i think the fuselage bar the tail
of italeri's RAH-66 comanche would help too.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

cthulhu77

Interesting hangar pics...  :huh:  

Aircav

I'm not a 100% sure but the RAH-66 may be to big compared to the WZ-10
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Deino

Here' the latest picture !!

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Mossie

Hobby Boss 172 Z-10 is due for release, Hobby Search give a mid December release date.
date.http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10201000
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: Son of Damian on February 17, 2007, 08:40:07 PM

I  like  the arrows on the missile  pods  to   show  direction  of fire!!  Murphy's  Law   appears  to function  in  the Orient too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

famvburg

Anigrand's ahs been out for a year or more.