At Long Last, A Completed Tiltrotor Gunship

Started by LemonJello, February 19, 2007, 10:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Looks FREAKIN AWESOME!!!I'm not sure which I like more this bugger or the USMC A-10  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Good to see this one finished LJ
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

AeroplaneDriver

To be honest I initially though you had grafted the OV-10 canopy onto the V-22.  Just goes to show what a job you did on joining the fuselages.  Very impressive plastic-working LH.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rafael

Lemonjello, your build watered my eyes!!!
This is whiffery at its max!!!!
I love it!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Jeffry Fontaine

LJ,

I thought for a while that you had given up on this project after your lest installment.  Good to see that it is now done.  What ever happened to your V-22 gunship project that you originally posted over on the site that shall not be named?  That was a project that was showing some promise as well, especially with the secret for the non-skid surface using that terra-cotta paint.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Brian da Basher

Great stuff, LemonJello! I really like the fractal camo on the uppers and how the underside color reaches up the sides like schemes you see on som FAA birds. Your kitbashing skills are absolutely first rate!

Brian da Basher

anthonyp

Actually, now that I've had time to absorb this, it's got me thinking (besides this thing is really cool!).  

Anyone make a 1/144 (or 1/100, maybe?  I don't do Grandpa scale, I still got good eyes  B)  ) V-22?  Because, ya see, I've got this 1/72 OV-10D that doesn't want to get built, and...

Thanks for the belly shot!  I like it when models roll over so we can scratch their bellies...  (Who's a good model?  YOU are!  Yes you are!)
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

LemonJello

QuoteLJ,

I thought for a while that you had given up on this project after your lest installment.  Good to see that it is now done.  What ever happened to your V-22 gunship project that you originally posted over on the site that shall not be named?  That was a project that was showing some promise as well, especially with the secret for the non-skid surface using that terra-cotta paint.
Give up? No, just had too much going on elsewhere, so the models were put on the far back burner for a while.  The AV-22 is up next, but first I'll be packing up the family and all we own to move in the next couple of months.  My goal, once I've got the house set up and the family settled, will be to attack the interior and weapons for the Osprey gunship and get that one posted for you all to enjoy.  

Maybe I'll have some progress photos of that one before the summer gets here?  One can always hope...
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Archibald

Very well done! The aircraft looks very menacing (on the front view).
I like, too, the fractal camo.  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Glenn Gilbertson

Great concept and fantastic looking model - an enemy would take one look at a real one and surrender! Well done :cheers:  

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Wow !

Nice to see that you actually got 'er finished ! Beauty !

Love the paint, awesome work. And the bug eyes, definately looks like the menacing wasp. I love it ! All the lumps and bumps on the nose, along with the AAR probe just do it for me......Mmmmm

:wub:

Great work, LJ !

Now let's see a few pics of her beside the USMC A-10 !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

LemonJello

I'll try to get some of the two digi MARPAT birds together and get them posted in the next couple of days.

comrade harps

Flabberghasted.

Love the digital camo (working with something along those like now on a Puma, so it's great to see something that's, well, better than my effort so far) and the Mohawk/Osprey combo, plus the multisensor nose.

Well done!

comrade harps
I'm jealous, that's all!
Whatever.

wolfik

LemonJello

As requested, here are my digital MARPAT birds, side by side.  Enjoy!

Now, THAT"S my idea of USMC close air support!