Main Menu

Stardelta

Started by ysi_maniac, February 22, 2007, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

I know. I am not good with drawings :dum: . I was just wondering how such thing could look.
I like it :wub: and you?
Will die without understanding this world.

AeroplaneDriver

I taped up the exact same thing using 1/48 Monogram F-104 and Mirage 2000 kits a while back.  Loved the look of it and it is on my 'to do' list.  I will probably go with a tailless design for mine.  I was going to call it "DeltaStar"

Great minds.... :D  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ysi_maniac

I love the Starfighter's T-tail and I will keep it -thinking on changing the horizontal plane shape to make it more delta-. I have an Academy f-104, quite inacurate anyway, and I can take the wings of a PM Dagger; everything 1/72.

BTW how will your tail fin look.

Rafael

W-O-W!!!
Carlos, That's a stunner!!! If that's only in concept, I can't wait to see the actual build!!
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Archibald

QuoteI taped up the exact same thing using 1/48 Monogram F-104 and Mirage 2000 kits a while back.  Loved the look of it and it is on my 'to do' list.  I will probably go with a tailless design for mine.  I was going to call it "DeltaStar"

Great minds.... :D
QuoteI taped up the exact same thing using 1/48 Monogram F-104 and Mirage 2000 kits a while back. Loved the look of it and it is on my 'to do' list. I will probably go with a tailless design for mine. I was going to call it "DeltaStar"

Aeroplane Driver, are you realising you're inventing the Kfir C1 (the non canard variant) again?  :lol:  :lol:  

Ysi, the idea of keeping the T-tail is brilliant! The result would really looks like a sleeker, single engine  Javelin...  :wub:  :wub:  

And well, the view you create is quite good.

Think I like both projects of tailed-delta Starfighter  :wub:  
I'll have to strike back with some F-104-winged Mirage F-1  :lol:

:cheers:   :cheers:

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Matej

Cool! Delta with side intakes and T-tail will look great. However its not the new idea. Do you know, that during Starfighter development, there were also delta-wing studies?  ;)

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...opic,879.0.html

Bizare aviation expert

John Howling Mouse

Love your drawing and concept.  Go for it!

On my own to-do list I have a Mirage 2000 slated to have a T-tail.  

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

B777LR

Lockheed F-103 Deltastar!

ysi_maniac

F-103 was a super cool  B) : Republic paper project
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/airdef/f-103.htm

Did ever F-114 existed? :unsure:

Archibald

No. Seems that the centuries stopped at F-111 (F-117 is an oddball name for an odball aircraft  :lol: ).

F-109 was never used (some says it was the F-101B, others the Bell D-188
eight-J85-VTOL-fighter, and even the ryan X-13  :wacko: )

Or F-98 / F-99 (former BOMARC and Falcon missiles  :wacko: )

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

QuoteNo. Seems that the centuries stopped at F-111 (F-117 is an oddball name for an odball aircraft  :lol: ).
Yup, it isnt a fighter, and planes of the same time where named with 2 digits, not 3 :unsure:  

LemonJello

That is a sleek looking design you've got there, it'll be interesting to see it in three dimensions!  I was going to suggest adding some canards, but on second thought, I like it just the way it is.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

ysi_maniac

Well I began with an Academy's Starfighter. Why?

It is cheap.
It is inacurate, so whiff candidate but is crisply molded and besides this the plastic in thick enough to bear hard sanding.

First inacuracy, the cockpit in too wide and canopy accordingly. After thinking in several ways to correct it, I decided ...

ysi_maniac

Make room for a "side by side" two seat cockpit.

Here you can see a half worked and the other not yet

ysi_maniac

I scrachbuilt the cockpit and began fitting tests