Main Menu

Stardelta

Started by ysi_maniac, February 22, 2007, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Thats some great work!

I invision something that will come off looking like the love child of a Gloster Javelin and a TF-102 Delta Dagger trainer. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wub:

I'm really looking forward to how you make this one work, do you have any ideas for final markings?
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Archibald

Wow! Haven't noticed that you modified the model for side by side seating  :o  
That's fine work.
I agree on the fact that modifying the canopy will be difficult... I like this model, really!!!
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

upnorth, your TF-102 Javelin kitbash  :wub:  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

retro_seventies

yes!!!

looking fabulous carlos - can't wait for more pics of this beast!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

ysi_maniac

I need some feedback:

Hi engineers:

What do you think of this design as a Low Lever Interdictor?

Does it need small fins under cockpit, a la Rockwell B-1?

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

Additionaly, I am not completely happy with tail. I envisage some alternatives:
T tail but swept planes, a la tu-154
Standard tail, a la Lockheed Lancer
Butterfly wings tail

I do not kwow, I need your opinions.

Thanks,
Carlos.

ysi_maniac

I want this to be a cheap alternative to F-111, Su-24 or Tornado; but superior to A-4. During last 70s or 80s.

Opinions, please.

B777LR

Hey, its the french answer to the F-111!!!!! :wub:  (and i once saw a illustration of a side-by-side seat mirage in the falklands!)

gunfighter

UPS, I had a project for a very similar looking starfighter: single seater, delta wing with wing tip X-4, V-tail and nazi Luft `50 defense of the reich markings...
This one looks cool, I vote for V or "double tail" ( much like an A-10´s).
Which markings will it use?

John Howling Mouse

Wish I could offer something in the way of options/opinions but, here I sit, completely mesmerized by what you've already done that I cannot imagine what more is possible.

Wow!!!   :wub:  :cheers:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

QuoteWhich markings will it use?
I have an attack of patriotism and I think it will be Spanish in three tone camo. Do you know? no F-18, but indigenous development from HA-300. :)  

ysi_maniac

QuoteWish I could offer something in the way of options/opinions but, here I sit, completely mesmerized by what you've already done that I cannot imagine what more is possible.

Wow!!!   :wub:  :cheers:
Very kind of you -_-  

Hobbes

yes! I'd add B-1 style canards. It'd be a natural complement to the wing and the long nose.  

Rafael

I couldn't write earlier because I was busy giving you a standing ovation!!!! :cheers:

Yeah, Carlos. BONE little canards, or moustaches like a forgotten mirage model should look great.

And a swept T-tail looks like a good idea

Congratulations once again

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Sisko

I had forgotten about this.

Looks great.

Another little hint that I have picked up from coming here.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!