Main Menu

Stardelta

Started by ysi_maniac, February 22, 2007, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

I love your work on the canopy Ysi! It gives this bird a very cool and pugnacious character which suits it to a T! I never cease to be totally amazed by your work!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Supertom

Man Carlos, that's looking incredible!
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

Fantastic work on the canopy, JHM would be proud  :bow:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

As this canopy is not finished yet, your kind words will help me to continue.

Thanks to all of you.
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

QuoteJHM would be proud
Can super administrator force him, using violence if needed, to return ... soon? :lol:  :angry:  :lol:

BlackOps

Carlos, the canopy is looking incredible!  :wub:  This is going to be great

And I second the motion of dragging Barry back here! Where is that scoundrel?  :P  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

anthonyp

Holy crap!  Why have I not been checking this thread?  That canopy surgery is really well done!  :thumbsup:

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ysi_maniac

I am changing my mind and I do not want to make a Spanish machine anymore.

Tentative alt history:

After cancellation of TSR-2 and F-111K and the problems with L-1011 airliner, Lockheed and British gov decide to help each other and Stardelta is the result. This project began as an stop gap between Canberra and Tornado.

Do dates fit?
TriStar 1971. Tornado first flight 1974... hmmmm... Anyway, it is a cool design and I will continue :wacko:

In mid 80s a MLU gives these machines an "almost Tornado" level. So in their last days they saw combat action during Operation Granby.

Orionblamblam

Here's how Lockheed studied side-by-side seating in a Starfighter...

ysi_maniac

:o :o :o :o
I like this for a future model

Thanks for posting

Sisko

Damn!!!! that's impresive work.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ed S

Looking good.

That new canopy looks like something on a 50's night fighter.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Wow, am I ever glad this thread got ressurrected.  I missed all the progress since we moved/temporarily lost our internet connection.

Carlos: PLEASE tell me this isn't going to die.  I sure hope you're still in the mood to finish this baby.  That canopy mod is something I only wish I had the cajones to attempt.

On a side note: In my imagination, some of your early "test" pics somehow appear to simulate a painted a/c with afterburner heat burns to the paint on the aft fuselage.  Remember how common that was with camo-painted F-100's? 

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=14610.0;attach=9377

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

^^^^ Not at all.
It is going to be a Granby machine. I hope to post some new pics next week. -_-

Carlos.

ysi_maniac