Started by Deino, February 26, 2007, 12:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Just found here made by "Planeman" !!!

Cheers, Deino

QuoteI bring you.... the JH-X-9 naval fighter:

Powerplant: 1 x AL-31F with TVC
Crew: 1 & 2 seat combat versions
Weapons: Internal: 2 weapons bays each able to carry 2 x PL-12 (folding fin version) or a range of PGMs up to 4m length and 1.5 wingspan.
External: Wingtip positions for AAMs (PL-12 or PL-8x) and centerline position for wide range of weapons including large SSMs such as YJ-83

Comments:
Boxed-wing with all-moving forward wing and forward swept rear wing and lifing body. Excellent sunsonic agility and very low take-off landing speeds even with weapons load. Does not require wing folding for below deck storage (8.6m wingspan).

Stealthy especially in forward aspect. High use of radar-transparent composites in wings and wing-join.

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

gunfighter

I expec t Rafa is working on it ( that cardboard).

B777LR

Interesting, china just ordered 50 Su-33 last december! :wub:  

Rafael

Hi, Gunfighter, I DO have a Boxed wing project in the list :wub:
Nothing like this one, though.
Marvelous!!!
Rafa
(astounded)
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

MAD

My friend, you would need one powerful catapult to get your design of a carrier – well of the carrier would be easy enough, but may be not into the air!
The wing area is way too small for lift of the limited length of a small carrier deck
Sorry!!

Regards
M.A.D

Shasper

I think it could work seeing as its a combo of both lifting body & double set wings. . .

Maybe. ;)

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

kitflubber

PolluxDeltaSeven

It remember me what I drew for a Chinese J-13 (or was it J-15? I can't remember):
http://polluxdeltaseven.free.fr/retrac%e9%20canard.JPG

But I admit that this 3D picture is much more cool than mine!!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

kitflubber

PolluxDeltaSeven,

That is very very cool -- love the stealth elements you incorporated... I am still learning how to manipulate polygons in Strata 3D CX, so sometimes the results are accidental.

kitflubber

Reino:

Did not mean to ignore your contribution -- really cool and sleek. I can tell that the forewing is positive dihedral, and the hind one negative (or level?). It would be nice to have a third view (head on). Do the wings really need to be connected in your design, or is it for strength?

jcf

QuoteMy friend, you would need one powerful catapult to get your design of a carrier – well of the carrier would be easy enough, but may be not into the air!
The wing area is way too small for lift of the limited length of a small carrier deck
Sorry!!

Regards
M.A.D
Blown wings

Cheers, Jon

Deino

Here's another updated and larger version !

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

cthulhu77

Neat idea, how about two intakes?  I like how the lower wing ties into the upper at the pylon end...very cool.

Archibald

QuoteIt remember me what I drew for a Chinese J-13 (or was it J-15? I can't remember):
http://polluxdeltaseven.free.fr/retrac%e9%20canard.JPG

But I admit that this 3D picture is much more cool than mine!!
Isn't this wing romboidal ? I remember you were interested by this kind of wing, pollux (for a certain alphajet or Mirage F-1, can't remember exactly  :wub: )

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Yes Archie, I think that "rhoboïdal" is the translation of "boxed-wing" in French...

And for my Mirage-Alpha Jet composit plane, I'm still working on it.
But it will be pitty compared to those fantastic stealth planes Deino shows to us!! :wub:  :wub:

I particulary love the twin engine variant!!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story