Chinese Carrier Fighter Project !

Started by Deino, February 26, 2007, 12:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitflubber

Deino,

Love the two engine one -- would you mind if I tried to make it in 3D? I could use the practice, and that looks pretty complex!

kitflubber

Pollux,

Same question to you -- may I try a 3D of your design? How do the canards retract, by the way?

Deino

QuoteDeino,

Love the two engine one -- would you mind if I tried to make it in 3D? I could use the practice, and that looks pretty complex!
Surely if Yopu like, but it's not made by me ... it's from "Planeman" from a Chinese forum !

Deino  :D  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuotePollux,

Same question to you -- may I try a 3D of your design? How do the canards retract, by the way?
Sure you can, with pleasure!!

For the canards, they retract on the back. But I admit that I didn't thought seriously about this question.

As for the rear of the plane, here is a link to a (poor quality) crawing showing how the vector-thrust system works between the two booms... Maybe it could help you.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

kitflubber

Thank you for the detail drawing. I am working on the twin engine Chinese one today, and the geometry is wildly complex. it's not clear from thos drawings, but once you render it out, it's got a distinct double decker look to it.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

kitflubber

Deino:

My eyes ache! Here's a link to the 3D. There were some things in the drawing that did not make sense to me, but I tried to make them work. It looks to me like the vertical stabilizers would lookk better on top of the engine humps. What do you think?

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/ki...nese%20Fighter/

Rafael

OK, Kitflubber, my eyes ache too!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
But from admiring your work!!!
I personally liked more the single engine. Up till now.

Rafa
(Wow!!!)
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

kitflubber

Refined the Ellipse Fighter a bit too -- stole the idea of canards from Pollux  :P

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/ki...se%20Plane%202/

cthulhu77

Sweet stuff !  Need to pick up some 48th F-23's and styrene now...

Deino

QuoteDeino:

My eyes ache! Here's a link to the 3D. There were some things in the drawing that did not make sense to me, but I tried to make them work. It looks to me like the vertical stabilizers would lookk better on top of the engine humps. What do you think?

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/ki...nese%20Fighter/
Woahhh !!!! absolutly brilliant !!!

Give us more, PLEASE !!!    :wub:

Deino  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

kitflubber

Hey, thanks for the nice compliments! Here is a refined one. I moved the stabilizers and blended the wings to the body a bit better.

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u162/ki...%20Fighter%202/

Planeman

Hi, I am the same guy that designed the joined wing fighter.

I feel honoured that someone was inspired to try to model it. Chuffed.  :D

I love the 3d work, very close. There are differences on the rear fuselage  but nothing major. If you want to do a version with minor tweaks to be more like what I intended just say and I'll try to give you pointers. The "u" shaped side part is not stealthy enough sadly, so my design ideas might not be as bueatiful as your interpretation. Less blended, more angled-slab with small-radius blending.

I'll add to this thread with more of my own work re hjoined wing fighter designs, but for more of my other stuff, including joined wings, try this thread: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...opic=14717&st=0

Planeman

Render of 3D model with minor adjustments to the fuselage side/back

Also the belly would be slightly deeper but still hollowed out towards the tail as per the model.  

kitflubber

Planeman,

Awesome stuff in the other thread -- yes that makes a bit more sens now to see your render. The side indentations fade away towards the rear. What are you using for 3D? I am using Strata CX 5.0 on Mac.

Planeman

I haven't done 3D in years, and then mostly CAD. These days I drink MS Paint with added ArcSoft Photostudio5 to taste.