X-20 Dyna Soar Diagrams For Sale

Started by Orionblamblam, March 04, 2007, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orionblamblam

Selling high-rez scans of some of my documents and drawings.  X-20, Saturn V, P6Y, nuclear-powered Saro princess, others...

http://www.up-ship.com/drawndoc/drawndoc.htm

TsrJoe

I noticed in the NASM in Washington 2 differing wing surface designs on models of the X.20?

I am unaware of the designs evolution so im guessing this is probably well known, one shows a smooth thick wing (as per published photos of the mockup, the other a 'F.117 facetted' type wing, with the same planform as the 'normal type but differing in thickness and detail???

does anyone know if one was to be a finalised design or were there numerous configuration studies?

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Orionblamblam

does anyone know if one was to be a finalised design or were there numerous configuration studies?

There were a  *lot* of configurations studied. The ones I'm offering up are from right near the end, and are essentially the "final" official design. The facetted wing concepts were from a couple years earlier, and were, as best as I can determine, a response to the issues of superheating (and thus warping) the wing surface.

Some of the facetted designs will be included in the "X-20 design evolution" drawing set, if sales of the other drawings merit that.

Orionblamblam

I just lowered the prices. They seemed a bit high in retrospect.