Toro,toro,toro

Started by PanzerWulff, March 06, 2007, 07:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Well it's not really a Whiff is it But more of a ByProduct of my USMC Super Etendard Whiff and a Heller Mirage F.1 I'm converting the now "Decalless"harrier into a spanish navy Matador Heres some pics that gave me the idea

Although I may come up with a new cammo as the standard is pretty "BORING" ;)  :lol:  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

dragon

The Spanish had this neat desert camouflage on their F-18 Hornets when they first received them from the US.  I believe it was meant to represent a FULCRUM or something like that (it was an aggressor of some kind).  Perhaps a similar scheme on the Spanish Harrier? B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Howard of Effingham

QuoteThe Spanish had this neat desert camouflage on their F-18 Hornets when they first received them from the US.  I believe it was meant to represent a FULCRUM or something like that (it was an aggressor of some kind).  Perhaps a similar scheme on the Spanish Harrier? B)
iirc the camoflage on the spanish hornets as you describe was a carry over from
their previous service with the US Navy and only a couple of them carried the scheme.
Keeper of George the Cat.

gunfighter

You´re right Howard. Our hornets carry overall light grey, since the retirement of the F5s, the only camouflaged aircraft in service were the F1s, but today ALL of the aircraft, including transports, ASW, etc, are painted in grey. I still don´t know which is the purpuose of painting a tactical transport Sea King in air superiority, unless it´s a matter of money ( only buy one colour of paint) <_<  

dragon

QuoteThe Spanish had this neat desert camouflage on their F-18 Hornets when they first received them from the US.  I believe it was meant to represent a FULCRUM or something like that (it was an aggressor of some kind).  Perhaps a similar scheme on the Spanish Harrier? B)
iirc the camoflage on the spanish hornets as you describe was a carry over from
their previous service with the US Navy and only a couple of them carried the scheme.
Yes.  That one. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

PanzerWulff

Well here's first pics of just general assembely and some pit work nothin special ;)

and as good a pic as I can get of the Pit (now I remember why I cant stand Braille scale usually)

The Hasegawa kit has great fit I don't see many places that will need PSR so far.I plan on arming it with 2 AIM-9 and probably 2 TER loaded with CBU's and a pair of droptanks
"Panzer"

Damian2

The kit looks good so far. I dig the proposed loadout too!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

PanzerWulff

Nose cone and tail fins added and what little Filling needed accomplished Via Gap filling CA glue.underwing stores assembely next.I was playing around with a minor loadout change and thinking of replacing one or bolth of the sidewinders with AIM-120's to give it a little more of a self defense reach.and adding the cannon pack for close range duty.More pics soon
"Panzer"

John Howling Mouse

QuoteMore pics soon
:P  Big tease!  :P

Looking forward to more!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PanzerWulff

Well here's more pics with the proposed ordanance loadout Laid out for ya

I still need my weapons set with the AMRAAM's to get here BTW John I never Tease <_< .......I TEMPT  :lol: LOL
"Panzer"

PanzerWulff

Not much progress guys I have to wait for weather to prime the kit and I'm still waiting on my order with my AMRAAM's But I have Decided on the paint job.I will be using Iranian F-14's cammo job on this first one

Thanks for the awesome cammo ;)  I will be useing some of the other ideas on the 4 more harriers i just ordered (In the same order as my AMRAMM's)
"Panzer"

Rafael

OLE, TORO!!![/size]

Interesting and beautiful dress for the spanish Harrier, Chris!!!

I love it!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Chris, I think it is a wise choice. Gonna look great in those colors :)

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

PanzerWulff

My weapons set and the rest of my harrier kits arrived today(which put me in a somewhat better mood) I'm not sure if I want to start working on it or just take a week or 2 to relax a bit.I'm still feeling kind of low more to come I promise :mellow:
"Panzer"

PanzerWulff

Well I hopped back into building models today BIG TIME I added the weapons pylons.Cannon pod and most of the lil bits i just need to clean up the LEX seam behind the Pit then I'm on to paint.Here's some new WIP pics

And one for BdB, JHM and others who have mentioned making "ZOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!" Sounds while "Flying" their models around the room :P  :lol:  :P

"Panzer"