Main Menu

Usaf Au-1

Started by Damian2, March 07, 2007, 01:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quoteand a VERY badly warped GR.3 fuselage
More like crushed!  I think it happened after I moved out of my parents, a bunch of models were still in the loft & my Mum was having a clear out.  She saved them (you never know when my Mum gets in clean-up mode!) but they were firmly sqaushed into a single box.  Luckily, they all survived apart from the GR.3, which took the brunt of the squashing, throwing about & then transport to my house.  Glad it's of it use though Damian!

Looking forward to seeing more work on this bomb-sair!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

Like what you are doing with that Corsair.  Have one suggestion to make.  Don't use the triple ejector rack and stick with single weapons on each pylon.  There is not a lot of room on the underside of the aircraft and any weapon that is not ejected downwards from the aircraft is subject to banging into something next to it and you have a very crowded underside as it is.  Overall your weapons load out is practical and with the exception of the TER you are looking very beliveable.  

What kit provided the weapons pylons for your wing stations?  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Damian2

QuoteLike what you are doing with that Corsair.  Have one suggestion to make.  Don't use the triple ejector rack and stick with single weapons on each pylon.  There is not a lot of room on the underside of the aircraft and any weapon that is not ejected downwards from the aircraft is subject to banging into something next to it and you have a very crowded underside as it is.  Overall your weapons load out is practical and with the exception of the TER you are looking very beliveable.  

What kit provided the weapons pylons for your wing stations?
Thanks fro the input Jeff! I think I may go with Naplam on the fuselage mount as thats a pretty good area effect (affect? ah who cares!) weapon and nix the TER.

As for the pylons they are provided in the 1/48 Hasegawa AU-1 and F4U-7 versions of the Corsair. I got the AU-1 boxing with the gull grey over white "Quantico" markings...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Damian2

Here's the pics of my recent work :)

the underside...

my pre-shading

rolling in...

some of the completed weapons
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Brian da Basher

Impressive work on those weapons, D2! I really like your concept!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Although I have never seen a Corsair I didn't like, I would NOT want to be an enemy on the ground with YOURS flying overhead-------yikes!!!   :unsure:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.