Super Hornet What If

Started by Eddie M., March 10, 2007, 05:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I just got done recently with a Tomcat and Blue Angel Hornet and needed a little what if fix. I'm doing this S.H. in Wolfpack colors in protest of the USN decommissionong VF-1. It'll be loaded with what I call the "Last Resort" package. Lots of fuel, modified ECM pod and one special weapon.It will be all gray with black highlights to match the decals. :)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

I still say this HAS to be your finest cockpit, ever!!!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

I'd have to agree...nice job !  What exactly is the special weapon?  Anti-Brass Missile ?

Eddie M.

QuoteI'd have to agree...nice job !  What exactly is the special weapon?  Anti-Brass Missile ?
One instant sunshine, self lit parking lot type (nuke). I should have called it the "F@#% with the bull, get the horns" package.
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Weapons/B61.html

Thanks for the kind words on the cockpit. I almost went blind trying to do that little detail! ;)  :lol:
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Maverick

Sierra Hotel Super Bug, Eddie.  Not a surprise that they're decommissioning 'Wolfpack', they've already nailed 'Jolly Rogers' and gave their name to VF-103.  All in the way of 'downsizing' I'm sure by some pen-pusher who's decided the Navy is too big... again!

SebastianP

Umm... hasn't it been nearly fifteen years since VF-1 got the axe? It's definitely not news, at any rate...

Nice bug, though. I imagine the loadout is the last resort of the squadron CO in convincing Congress not to disband them? Or maybe it's a disgruntled former VF-1 pilot who's out to "avenge" the squadron. ;)

One question - which kit is this? I can't tell from the images...

SP

wolfik

oh yes....wolfik likes wolfpack :)

retro_seventies

decom for wolfpack?  makes you wonder where the sense of heritage went really, doesn't it?  

great looking pit, Eddie - really like the way that the it looks.

nice kit by the looks of things - was the fit as good as it seems to be in the pics?  what kit IS it?

:cheers:  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Eddie M.

Quotedecom for wolfpack?  makes you wonder where the sense of heritage went really, doesn't it? 

great looking pit, Eddie - really like the way that the it looks.

nice kit by the looks of things - was the fit as good as it seems to be in the pics?  what kit IS it?

:cheers:  :cheers:
It's the Revell F/A-18F. Considering I've built the Echo model, it's been pretty easy and the fit is not too bad either. Much better than the A or C from RoG.

Yea, no sense of history! The Wolfpack was decommed a long time ago, but I still remember them. ;)  B)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Looks like it's coming along nicely Eddie, and that bomb is...well, Da Bomb!  :lol:

I hope you pilots are using lots of sunscreen!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Jeffry Fontaine

It appears that you have found a use for that B43 nuclear bomb shape that I sent to you along with the other bits and pieces.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PanzerWulff

She gonna be equipped with a lead bathtub and shower curtains??? ;)  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Matt Wiser

Lots of famous squadrons have gone away-many in the F-14 and A-6 communities never got to transition: VF-33 (Starfighters), VF-142 (Ghostriders), VA-35 (Black Panthers)-the oldest attack squadron in the Navy, going back to VB-3 before WW II, VA-196 (Main Battery)-seen in Flight of the Intruder with Danny Glover, VA-165 (Boomers), VA-85 (Black Falcons), etc. Only one A-6 squadron made the transition from the A-6 to the Super Bug, and that was -115. Had VF-191 and VF-194 been reactivated (they were briefly active from '86 to '88 with the F-14A) as F-14D squadrons as planned in the early '90s, it's possible they would still be around as VFA with the E or F version of the Super Bug. -191 was the Red Lightnings, while -194 was the Red Diamonds ( I did my Hasegawa 1/72 F-14A as Lightning 107 from -191).  
Treat everyone you meet with kindness and respect; but always have a plan to kill them.

Old USMC adage

Radish

Nice.
Don't talk about downsizing....the RAF/RN know all about that.

Sopwith Camels are our next issue!!
How about Sopwith Camels in the grey contemporary scheme?
I've one to do Aussie anyway :lol: Found the decals too on the Hawk 100.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Brian da Basher

Wow that's one awesome looking Superbug, there Mr Miller! I love the impressive load-out. Hey, we could all use more "sunshine" right?

Brian da Bahser