Super Hornet What If

Started by Eddie M., March 10, 2007, 05:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteNice.
Don't talk about downsizing....the RAF/RN know all about that.
At least the RAF make every effort to preserve historic numberplates.

Looking good Eddie.  I can't look at a 1/48 Superbug without thinking of the great "dropped flaps" debate on ARC  :dum:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

PanzerWulff

"Sunlight Express"[/size]When it has to be turned into a Glass Paved,SelfLighting PARKING LOT Overnight!
I love it so far Eddie ;) More More show us more.
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Shasper

Quote-191 was the Red Lightnings, while -194 was the Red Diamonds
Matt I hate to tell you this, but -191 was Satan's Kittens (same sqn that the Blues flew with in Korea)), while originally -194 was the HellFires, but were renamed the Red Lightnings befor Decommed. Both sqns werent around long enough for the definative tail art to show up.

IIRC VF-1 (along with VF-111 and 2 othe Sqns that I dont remember) were due to stand up as D sqns, but then got nixed.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

DropBear

This should look good.

Any subject matter dealing with Bugs and Super Bugs rock in my opinion!

Can't wait to see the finished product. If it as good as your other Angels Bug it should be a winner.

:cheers:

Sidenote: RAAF could lose an historic sqn in the form of Amberley based 6SQN between the SH and forthcoming JSF. Sadly, it is just a sign of the times.

:(  

Eddie M.

Thank you Gents! Here's the progress up till now. Since it's a whif, I can make up any markings I want and am doing so! ;)  :P

I'm off to Arizona tomorrow and hopefully get to meet a friend there that we all know so well. ;)  B)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

GTX

Eddie,

Looking good.  One question - where did you get the ECM Pod?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie,

Looking good.  One question - where did you get the ECM Pod?

Regards,

Greg
A friend from FSM sent me a goodies box and it was in there. Just the basic 2 halves, so I dressed it up a bit. :D Jeffry has also contributed to this build with the donation of the big boomer. Thank you Jeffry! :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Excellent work so far Mr. Miller, awaiting the next installment with some anticipation !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Howard of Effingham

QuoteOnly one A-6 squadron made the transition from the A-6 to the Super Bug, and that was -115.
don't forget, but VA-34 transitioned from the A-6E to the F-18C too.  :huh:

t.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rafael

Eddie, this is coming along very nicely!!
I specially liked the finish you gave to the ECM Pod and, of course, the front office.
Interestingly, this lady has an special appeal all dressed up in grey

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

nev

QuoteI'm off to Arizona tomorrow and hopefully get to meet a friend there that we all know so well. ;)
Pics!  We demand pics!!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI'm off to Arizona tomorrow and hopefully get to meet a friend there that we all know so well. ;)  B)
  Eddie
Oh boy, there goes Phoenix!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteI'm off to Arizona tomorrow and hopefully get to meet a friend there that we all know so well. ;)  B)
   Eddie
Oh boy, there goes Phoenix!!!
Unfortunately, my friend and yours has got the super flu, so no visit this time around. :(  Hope you feel better soon Greg! Today is my last day in Az. and it's gonna be 93F today!  :o  WOW! It's back to my Texas and the good old humidity. :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Thanks, Eddie...still sick as a dog. Totally bummed about missing you, but the good news is that my wife and I are looking at a possible relocation to TX in the future, and plan on scouting out the areas she likes, so perhaps we shall get  a photo op at some time in the near future...

nev

Quotemy wife and I are looking at a possible relocation to TX in the future
:lol: Oh man....if there was one person I would think would *never* move to Texas, it would be you Greg!  :lol:

Just the thought of it is making me chortle  :P

0409, still another 4 hours at work   :party: