Super Hornet What If

Started by Eddie M., March 10, 2007, 05:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_seventies

Texas?

sounds just fine to me Greg - with you, eddie, me, and the rest, we should just about keep the sanity levels DOWN a bit.

Hope you feel better soon!  :cheers:

Eddie - quick question...what carriers did you serve on (i have a navy friend that was on the Midway in Vietnam, and i was just wondering)?
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Eddie M.

Eddie - quick question...what carriers did you serve on (i have a navy friend that was on the Midway in Vietnam, and i was just wondering)?
I was on the Midway(87-89) and Ranger(89-91). Pass this link along. He might enjoy it. :)
http://midwaysailor.com/
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

retro_seventies

Thanks Eddie, i'll email the link to my friend Felix right way!   :cheers:  :cheers:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Eddie M.

A little taste of what the markings will look like. VFA-1 lives! ;)  :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Shasper

Whot, no hi-vis CAG bird?

Looks good never the less!
Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

QuoteWhot, no hi-vis CAG bird?

Looks good never the less!
Shas B)
The reason I'm using these decals on this bird is that I want to wait and use CAG colors on my other Tomcat. I want both of mine in CAG colors to represent the 2 F-14 squadrons on the Ranger. Here is my VF-1 bird I finished not too long ago.

Here's where I am thus far. I'm doing a bit of weathering and sometimes I get stains where I don't want them. I use a little bitty ball of 0000 fine steel wool and scrub the spots away. On USN birds, it gives a bit of the corrosion control paint pattern. This time, I'm going to try and accent the patterns with pastels to bring it out a bit more(these seem to disappear under the flat coat) Here's to trying something new! :cheers:
 Eddie
Look behind you!

Rafael

Wonderful detail, Eddie!!

And the markings are cool

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Shasper

Right, understandible mate ;)

Shas (who thinks CAG Vf-1 mks look good on almost anything) B)
- Bud S.

elmayerle

QuoteTexas?

sounds just fine to me Greg - with you, eddie, me, and the rest, we should just about keep the sanity levels DOWN a bit.
*chuckle* Well, with SC, myself, and, I believe, at least one other member in the DFW-Denton area, we could have quite an "All-Texas" get together some time.

Retro, given the "normal" behavior of the Texas Legislature and Texas government, can you *really* say there's much of a level of sanity here now?  Or is such behavior (which has been documented for years) just a side-effect of being in Austin?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Shasper

OT, But whats up w/Austin anyway?

Shas B)
- Bud S.

elmayerle

QuoteOT, But whats up w/Austin anyway?
*shrug* I've no idea, but Texas government has been "colorful" for years (back in the 1960's, as a gag to prove how little his fellow legislators read things, one legislator got passed a resolution commending the Boston Strangler for his efforts in population control) and has produced some *very* colorful characters.  I blame it on the water there, myself. ;)

John Howling Mouse

Wow, Eddie: that corrosion-paint weathering technique looks soooo much better than anything I've ever been able to pull off.

But, then again, you got to see the real thing up close for years!

Can't wait to see next progress pics.  This is coming along so well.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteWow, Eddie: that corrosion-paint weathering technique looks soooo much better than anything I've ever been able to pull off.

But, then again, you got to see the real thing up close for years!

Can't wait to see next progress pics.  This is coming along so well.
Thank you. Living with jets  for a while does tend to etch things in your brain. Photos help too. ;)  :lol: It has been mentioned that this is a gravity bomb, so using somemore of the goody bags of parts Jeffry sent me, I put a modern touch on it. I see this aircraft screaming in at high speed and then popping up and lobbing this weapon like a horseshop to it's intended target while it's being lased..... from space. (modern spy sats, don't ya know :rolleyes: )
  Eddie
Look behind you!

GTX

Excuse the dumb question, but why bother with laser guidance if it is a nuke?!

Also, what is that other aircraft in the picture?

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

elmayerle

QuoteExcuse the dumb question, but why bother with laser guidance if it is a nuke?!
Precision guidance allows you to get the desired results with a lower-yield weapon and reduce "collateral damage".