Super Hornet What If

Started by Eddie M., March 10, 2007, 05:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

QuoteExcuse the dumb question, but why bother with laser guidance if it is a nuke?!
Precision guidance allows you to get the desired results with a lower-yield weapon and reduce "collateral damage".
That's exactly what I would have said if I was smart enough! :lol:

Here's how the Wolfpack decals look on the S.H. I was really fretting the placement of the tail markings, but after some review of my VF-1 pix, it worked out fine. :)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

Rafael

MMmmmm, Coming along very nicely!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Getting closer to the finish. Last of the decals to be done this weekend (hopefully, it's Cotton Gin Festival weekend here in Burton.) and then final assembly. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Excalibur

Looks great I'm thinking of doing my Super hornet in Tomcatter markings..  

Jeffry Fontaine

QuoteThank you. Living with jets  for a while does tend to etch things in your brain. Photos help too. ;)  :lol: It has been mentioned that this is a gravity bomb, so using somemore of the goody bags of parts Jeffry sent me, I put a modern touch on it. I see this aircraft screaming in at high speed and then popping up and lobbing this weapon like a horseshop to it's intended target while it's being lased..... from space. (modern spy sats, don't ya know
There was an attempt by the Air Force to develop a precision guided version of the B61 back in the day... The project name was TIGER and it involved a B61 physics package mated to the rocket motor from the AIR-2 Genie air to air rocket.  This in turn had a seeker head mated to the front of the weapon with a set of control surfaces to provide a limited means of manueverability to the weapon which was concieved to allow over-flight of the target at extremely high speed and subsequent release of the weapon which would then perform a "U-Turn" maneuver and guide itself to the target.  This concept had merit in the way it was intended to allow the attacking aircraft to fly past the target or attack from an off set to avoid direct confrontation with the air defense network defending the target.  It got to the test stage before it was cancelled and replaced by the T-SRAM which also ended up getting cancelled.  If only the Air Force had been smart and ordered a tactical version of the AGM-69 with the radar seeker option and mated it to existing airframes such as the F-4 and F-15, life would have been good...  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Brian da Basher

Wow that looks absolutely killer, Mr. miller! I love how those full-color U.S. insignia look against that Navy gray and those awesome squadron markings!

The Secretary of the Navy should promote you (for pension purposes) to Master Chief for this beauty! Bravo Zulu and a hand salute, sailor!

Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

Beauty eh?!!!  

Daryl J.

DropBear

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gents! I really appreciate it!! :)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Today I found out that I lost my HUD for this project, so I decided to build my own. Thank goodness for hi mag glasses. ;)  :lol: I made it out of strip styrene and clear #11 blade container plastic. :)
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that HUD is some amazing work, Mr. Miller! Looks every bit the real deal.

Brian da Basher

Sisko

Wow man that is some nice work!!!

The hud is some of the best scratch building I have ever seen.

My hat of to you sir!!!!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

Well I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but you have no choice but to be pleased with yourself! Very nicely done....oh, by the way, the old hud is stuck in the seam of the box  :dum:  Seriously nice job Eddie  :cheers:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.