Push-molding "how-to" On Arc

Started by John Howling Mouse, March 10, 2007, 04:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Peter "Kayburaya" is building his first scratchbuilt subject and I asked him to show his simple and very effective "push-molding" technique that anyone can do without expensive tools, machines, or supplies:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....ic=112631&st=30

Not to mention his model is really coming along nicely, too!   ;)  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

retro_seventies

very nicely done.

frankly i'm in awe of anybody that can do that...  :o  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Brian da Basher

Wow that's some really great work. Thanks for the link Mr Howling Mouse. Looks like a more refined version of smash-u-forming. Always great to pick up some new techniques.

Brian da Basher

SimonR

The grill push molding technique looks very good, I'm going to give it a try. It will obviously need a bit of experimentation to refine the timing and avoid melting the styrene sheet or burning the house down.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

BlackOps

Very interesting! I'll have to file this method away to ponder further at a later date. :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Rafael

I'm gonna try it in my next scratchbuild!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Thanks, JHM!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER