What If Martin's Mauler Beat Out The Skyraider?

Started by famvburg, March 15, 2007, 06:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

famvburg

And went on to serve in SEA with the USAF?

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

famvburg

QuoteWould it still be a Spad?

Shas B)

Probably Spam! :)

Maverick

Able-Mable could be Spam, but I was under the impression the Spad nick was about it's general ability to handle damage like the original SPAD from WWI..???

famvburg

QuoteAble-Mable could be Spam, but I was under the impression the Spad nick was about it's general ability to handle damage like the original SPAD from WWI..???

I understood it to be originally spAD, based on its USN designation & the fact that in the 'jet age', it was an old airplane, like the SPAD. Since the Mauler was never fired upon, AFAIK, I think that it would've been one tough ol' bird in that respect. I'm sure spAM could've worked out from some sort of honor. :)

ysi_maniac

I think it is very beautyful. But Can you post bigger pics from diffrent angles?

A suggestion: post them in "Show us your workbench ..."
Will die without understanding this world.

famvburg

QuoteI think it is very beautyful. But Can you post bigger pics from diffrent angles?

A suggestion: post them in "Show us your workbench ..."

Thanks. I'll try to get some more shots soon. As for the workbench, I'd thought of it, but I think most of us frequent both places anyway, & really, they're not current. They're all several years old. I did post 2 of my Corsairs over there with the "USAF AU-1" thread, tho.

GTX

QuoteAble-Mable could be Spam

Oh great!  Now I have an image of a "pinkish" aircraft in my mind!

:lol:

Regards.

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!