Allan's Me 1101 Work In Progress

Started by Allan, March 18, 2007, 04:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Allan

Hi fellows,

Slowly getting there with the decalling, but it's tedious work. Looking okay though.
Here are some snaps for your enjoyment

Also a couple of photos just to prove you don't have to spend a bomb on an airbrush holder it you don't want to.

Allan in Canberra

Great Escape day today.

Allan

Hi fellows
The decalling is just about over, except for the rudder. Eagle-eyed observers of this work will have noticed that the swastikas have disappeared. They came off when I was wiping the plane down a little too vigorously the other day. Not to worry; I have lots more.
Here also are some photos of my Canberra sun drenched hobby room and my airbrush stand. I have made some adjustments to the coat hanger with some pliers and now I think is is just as good as a store bought one.

Allan in Canberra
getting coold here   will have to put on the heater and electric blanket soon

Allan

Hi fellows,
This model is still following us around. Here's the progress report.
What I've done is finished the decalling, applied Testor's Dullcote, removed the canopy tape and given the canopy a coat of the OZ version of Future. Slight silvering of the decals, but nothing major to worry about.

Undercarriage and underwing rockets next.
Also, some shots of the modelling desk by night.
Comments welcome.
Allan in Canberra

Brian da Basher

Ahhh she's a cracker, Allan! Excellent work! I really like that cool camo scheme! There's something mesmerizing to me about how that dark yellow ends just before the tail. I think this is one of your best yet!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Coming along quite nicely !  Dig the custom airbrush stand, too !

Allan

Thanks fellows,
The wheels are more or less on --so some photos before too long.
Allan in Canberra

Allan

Hi fellows,
Here's an update--really in the home stretch now.
What do you think of the rocket fins--pretty good plywood finish or what?
The undercarriage for this plane was a little tricky to glue in place and I don't think the undercarriage doors will be easier. Actually you  won't be able to see much of the engine with the doors in position.
I don't really like the design of this plane. Give me the Huckbein anyday.

Allan in Canberra, who has the day off today and is about to settle on the sofa in front of the teev and enjoy the Downfall movie followed by the Sophie Scholl film on DVD.

matrixone

Allan,

That looks great! :cheers:

I agree with you about the Me P 1101 design, I think the Ta 183 was better and would have developed into a very useful combat a/c, the Me P1101 was too small an airframe to carry much fuel and ammo very much like the He 162.

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Nice work so far. Keep the pics coming, Allan.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

Perfect bttb. I like the 'Downfall' in background ;)  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Sisko

Damn that is nice Alan!!!!!!!!

Look forward to more!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

Incredible!

And you can tell from the pics just how much pure fun you've had building this one!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Allan

Thanks for your kind words of praise everyone.

And yes, this model HAS given me hours of enjoyment, but at the same time it has made me think about whether young people of today would have had the patience to put it together, paint it and then stick on those bloody triangles, not to mention attaching the undercarriage.

I suppose we all know that the answer to that question is a big no--they would have complained about having been taken away from their computer screens and mobiles, no SMS messages to read and so forth.

But that's reality.

Already dreaming about my next plane and I think I might make my 1/72 Sabre model in the markings of that Japanese ace Kobayashi--you know the Hien with the green blotches over the silver with red tailplanes and a blue or yellow stripe down the fuselage sides.

Allan in Canberra
more photos soon