Didn't Someone Ask About A 72nd Carrier

Started by philp, March 19, 2007, 09:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jennings

I could do that, I just don't like to show off :)

Oly scheet!  Amazing...

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Howard of Effingham

it was me philip and well where's that jaw-droppingly staggered smiley gone?

this is good, very, very good indeed. so this is the second one i have seen.

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

CanisD

I know in Scale Ship Modeller back in the 80's they used to advertise a bare-bones 1/72 Nimitz designed for either radio control, or it was actually big enough to ride in with your head sticking through a hatch in the flight deck. Somewhat like the small scale boats they use to train helmsmen and captains. At least he didn't have any trouble finding aircraft to scale!  
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

Glenn Gilbertson

Wow! Now that really would test one's partner's tolerance level! :rolleyes:  

Archibald

:o  :o Feck!!!!!

Some years ago, for fun, I've tried to imagined how big would a 1/72 carrier would be. I did that for the Clemenceau, CDG and Nimitz (no CVF at the time  ;) )

Just imagine... a 1/72 scale Nimitz is as big as a car !  :wacko:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  

Well, at least this guy didn't try to model the world biggest ship (a 600 000 tons tanker, can't remember its name).
A model of this one would be as large as a bus!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Hmmm 1/24 Nimitz...

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

Imagine what a nightmare it would have been just to build all those grey aircraft!

Captain Canada

Amazing ! That guy had patience, and talent !

He wouldn't want any of us coming over, tho, and doing a few touch-and-goes on his flight deck ! It would also be fun to slip a WI in there on him, like a Flanker or somat painted in USN colours !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Archibald

Something fun could be parking unusual aircrafts on the flight deck
(Backfire, C-130, anigrand C-17   :blink: Mi-24, some tanks, SR-71)

see what I mean ?  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

philp

uh, thought we were talking about large carrier models.  Go start your own thread  ^_^

Anyway, There are some decent sized models out at the NAS Pensacola Museum.  Most were 72nd but think there was also a couple in 1/100 or 1/96.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

B777LR

Theres a 1/144 R/C USS Enterprise at a castle not far from here. Its on display with a ton of F-14s and F-4s :wub:  

Hobbes

QuoteTheres a 1/144 R/C USS Enterprise at a castle not far from here. Its on display with a ton of F-14s and F-4s :wub:
Egeskov castle? I've been there, during a Denmark holiday a few years ago. Fantastic model (I think it was a Nimitz, though).  

B777LR

QuoteTheres a 1/144 R/C USS Enterprise at a castle not far from here. Its on display with a ton of F-14s and F-4s :wub:
Egeskov castle? I've been there, during a Denmark holiday a few years ago. Fantastic model (I think it was a Nimitz, though).
Yup B)

(there was also a german diesel engine for airplanes near the carrier model)

anthonyp

Now THAT took talent!  And patience!  And money!  Incredible model!

But...

Now, I'm not taking away anything from that incredible 1/72 CVN-65, but I'm having a JMN moment here while looking at the pics...  And I can't help myself!

The AIM-7's on the wingroots of all the F-14's on the deck with missiles are mounted wrong.

There, better now.  I think.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man