New Tamiya 1/48th F-16c!

Started by Radish, March 22, 2007, 11:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

With loads of stores!!

Says it all really. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I've heard it's Lancer's favourite subject :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

Gray paint only, please.....we don't want anyone getting carried away here !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

I'm sure its a great kit, but meh  <_<  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

PanzerWulff

Eh well I'm not much of a  :f16: fan I'm more of an F-15 Eagle and Su-27 Family Lover myself :wub:  :wub:  :wub: I just love those big birds I would love to see Tamiya do a Flanker with all the bells and whistles ;)  
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

B777LR

Look, its still the same old thing :lol:  ;)  

Scooterman

Don't worry all. For all of you guys that won't buy one, I'll buy TWO in its place.  somebody has to after all!

Vipers + Scooterman =  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Shasper

*holding out for a XL kit*

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Daryl J.

Wouldn't it just shave a few JMN's underarms  to fold the outer wings up, redo the undercarriage with something from Bob's BigBeef Gym, and put it in USMC markings?  :lol:

Or---

Paint the thing Dayglo Green imbedding it and most of the stores 1/3 of the way into the ground inside a Lawn Dart circle?

Or--

Build it to a very high level of finish and then put the stars on upside down!

It should be a fantastic kit!
Daryl J.

Radish

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Love the upside down stars bit.

There's a famous (??) picture of a RAF Puma just about to go out to the Gulf War with off-centre roundels.
And I'm sure I've seen a photo of a modern USAF jet with upside down markings.
Saw a piccie of a USAF F-100D in SEAsia colours with "silvered" national markings.

Actually, if you search about, the guys who through the years have painted/applied markings to aircraft don't always get it right.
They're not modellers, or perhaps they are and have a sense of humour.

Hopefully someone will produce one eventually with IM conformal tanks too. :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

AeroplaneDriver

Remember gentlemen, there are no boring aircraft, only boring schemes.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Ian the Kiwi Herder

With luck it will have a reciprical effect on the price of the Hasegawa and Italeri ones ! ;)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Damian2

QuoteWith luck it will have a reciprical effect on the price of the Hasegawa and Italeri ones ! ;)

Ian
I hope so too!

I'm still looking for a sweet deal on a 1/48 F-2B :D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Mossie

Not an F-16 fan myself, but got to admit, it looks good in Indonesian, Israeli & Venezeulan cam & the USAF Lizard scheme looked pretty good too.

QuoteThere's a famous (??) picture of a RAF Puma just about to go out to the Gulf War with off-centre roundels.
And I'm sure I've seen a photo of a modern USAF jet with upside down markings.
Saw a piccie of a USAF F-100D in SEAsia colours with "silvered" national markings.

A lot of Gulf War Aircraft were painted hastily & the roundels had Shock!  :o the wrong proportions & Horror!, :ph34r:  the wrong shade of pink!  That'd get their knickers in a twist.  :lol:  And the 11 Sqn delivery Typhoons with the colours on the squadron bar colours back to front.  Wait a couple of years until everyones forgotten, enter it at Telford, watch the fur fly, then produce the picture, & watch the fur fly even more! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
11 Sqn Typhoon with 'accurate' squadron bars???
11 Sqn Typhoon with 'innacurate' squadron bars???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Daryl J.

Is there any way to put ogival tips on all the flying surfaces and designate it the Hawker Falcon FB.16 ?   Then it could get the Raspberry Ripple treatment or the Norwegian Gray/White Wrap scheme couldn't it.   B)

Daryl J.

Mossie

Theres two real-world studies that would fit that Daryl.  Several of Hawker's P.1202 studies were nearly identical to the F-16, but larger.  A twin tail version (P.1202-9) is shown in Tony Butler's BSP, but there was a single fin version too (P.1202-11).  Also, the RAF looked at leasing surplus USAF F-16's in the late 90's when they realised Eurofighter was going to be seriously delayed & the Tornado F.3 wasn't suited to post cold war ideas.  When they realised it'd need a lot of work they updated the F.3 instead.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.