Neat Miyazaki Tank

Started by PanzerWulff, March 24, 2007, 12:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I was poking around Hobbylink japan and found this tank while searching Miyazaki kits and thought it looked cool I love the crew of lil pigs

This thing would look so cool in real world markings maybe as a inter WW tank? british,german.Russian ???
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

GTX

QuoteI love the crew of lil pigs

That's certainly the icing on the cake!  Great find.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Daryl J.

Jelly Belly markings would look great too!

Daryl J., who's thinking of giving a P-40 the "Miyazaki Treatment"

Mossie

I'm not familiar with Miyazaki, but that tank would fit in well with the Alterra range done by Renaud at Sharkit:
http://renax.club.fr/sharkit/alterraserie/...lterraserie.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Daryl J.

FYI:  23.5 cm long and $55US + shipping from Japan.   Not a bad price at all for an extremely limited run injected moulded styrene kit.  

Mossie:  Hayao Miyazaki is a fantastic animator from Japan.  His influence is seen in both the Harry Potter series and Pixar's "Cars" amongst other western hits.  Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and the much-loved Porco Rosso are a few of his works.  Disney has lately decided to dub them into English Region 1 DVD's and they are suprisingly entertaining.

Daryl

PS:  Das Linck-san ist---->  http://www.hlj.com/product/TACTG-2

Andrew Gorman

The kit is very nice- I built one in just a couple of evenings, and now it waits for paint.  Since it was so easy to build, it's not very high up in the paint queue, but I'm planning on finishing it as a White Russian machine ca. 1929
Andrew

Sisko

Mossie:  Hayao Miyazaki is a fantastic animator from Japan.  His influence is seen in both the Harry Potter series and Pixar's "Cars" amongst other western hits.  Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and the much-loved Porco Rosso are a few of his works.  Disney has lately decided to dub them into English Region 1 DVD's and they are suprisingly entertaining.

All great movies. Have most of them on DVD.

That tank was recently not available. <_<

looks like I will have to get of my arse and order one before it becomes unavailable again.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

philp

Huh, could have sworn I posted a link to the one at Starshipmodelers store.  They had 4 in stock for $63.  Shipping would be less for those in the US/Canada.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

BlackOps

I've been trying to find that kit too but every time I look it's sold out or has one of those Ebay buy it now prices that will only cost you a kidney. Very cool looking kit.

Philip, Thanks for the heads up, the the Starship Modeler store only has three left  ;)   This is one of those rare splurge kits that I've been wanting for a while.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Son of Damian

QuoteI love the crew of lil pigs

And a bunny...?

Despite the price I'll probably end up getting one or two, do them up as some weird tank from late WW1 to the mid 30's. Maybe inspired by a PC game or something.
"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Mike Wren

the one I've got sat on the shelf will probably get done in British army dark green with black mickey mouse ear camo  :tank:  

Radish

Ah dude, I want one :party:  :tank:  :party:  :tank:  :party:  :tank:  :party:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

BlackOps

Mine came in the mail yesterday (once again great service form the Starship Modeler Store) and it is a very nice kit. I always have reservations about a kit when I spend more than $30.00 (yeah, I'm cheap) but this is a very nice kit.

I would reccommend it to anyone who wasn't sure. Of course do consider the fact that the instructions are in Japanese, it doesn't seem like it will be a problem though the diagrams appear to be pretty clear on what to glue and what not to even with the language barrier.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sisko

Mine arrived within a week and half of ordering it and that was with Easter in between!

I have fondled the parts lovingly and holy crap this looks like a nice kit.

With so many other kits I should be finishing I think this might jump the queue.  B)
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Daryl J.

Since HLJ had them in stock, I ordered one, got notice from them it shipped, checked the same day and they were out of stock.

Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daryl J., anticipating some more Miyazaki plastic