Screw The Raptor, Rafale And Eurofighter

Started by upnorth, March 30, 2007, 03:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnorth

Has anyone ever heard of one of these things?
I love the design of it. :wub:

Looks like you can find out more at:

www.stavatti.com
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

B777LR

Mossie

I think the Stavatti site has done the rounds on here before, but before I became a member at least.

I've no idea if this is a serious company or not. I've done a little digging in the past to see what information is out there on them & there seems to be very little.  Some of the Board members seem to be from large financial companies with seats on several boards & fingers in many pies, which makes sense for a start up company like this.  They'll need to produce some serious hardware & not just nice looking pictures if they're to jump into the cutthroat market of military aerospace.

If nothing else, their gallaries have some great ideas for whiff schemes!
Stavatti SM-36 Stalma
Stavatti SM-27 Machette
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Planeman

I am 99.99% sure that's a made up company/product I'm afraid. Impressive artwork and design creativity of course :D  

Sentinel Chicken

The mention of Stavatti usually generates chuckles and snickering on some aviation forums I visit regularly.........

gunfighter

That looks very "Rafa" way. Get the cardboard ready...

Jennings

Could anything possibly be less stealthy?

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

GTX

QuoteI've no idea if this is a serious company or not.

It certainly isn't.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

XV107

Is this to be built before or after they complete the  pulse generation laser rifle that's going to replace the M16 in US service?

This cropped up on Pprune a while ago. At various points, the company has claimed to make, or to be able to deliver:

1. Lightweight super-agile stealth aircraft
2. Lighweight COIN aircraft
3. Laser rifles
4. ICBMs
5. Bagpipes
6. Drums

There is a suspicion that the CEO had a spot of time on his hands (presumably it was out of the marching bands season) and fiddled about on the web to see how many people would buy into the idea that here was the world's first company building two types of WMD (ICBMs and bagpipes*), drums and fighter aircraft. It appears that the drums and pipes division of the firm (headquartered in a shed) is currently carrying the rest of the business.

Laser Rifle that players Flowers of the Forest, Sir? Sign here

(* WMD in the latter case = Weapons of Musical Destruction)

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote>>At various points, the company has claimed to make, or to be able to deliver:

1. Lightweight super-agile stealth aircraft
2. Lighweight COIN aircraft
3. Laser rifles
4. ICBMs
5. Bagpipes
6. Drums<<
What?  No Precision Guided Haggis to complement the bagpipes?  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

GTX

QuoteWhat? No Precision Guided Haggis to complement the bagpipes?

Nope! Banned by the laws of war.  Even Al-Qaeda observe this ban!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!