J

Glencoe Piasecki Flying Jeep

Started by JC Carbonel, March 30, 2007, 09:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Carbonel

Glencoe is reintroducing the Ptasecki kit so I took the opportunity to whiff it :

for those who want the full build article (in French but with lot of pix)
Glencoe 1/35 Flying Geep

JCC

Mossie

Lovely work JC!  That arctic cam is inspired, as is the conversion work on the crew!  You've done a very good rubber effect on the bumper/fenders, how did you go about it?

:wub:

Simon.

PS, watch out for Martin, he'll be after it for the Viff Whiff!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Jeffry Fontaine

The winter camouflage looks great!  Any idea what to do with those horrible little green soldiers that were included in the kit?  I found the plastic to be too soft for any modeling purposes, and gave all of them to my nephew's children to play with.    

I just took a few of those Air Geep kits into protective custody about a month or so back, was quite happy with the acquisition and figured it would be enough for a couple of WHIF Air Geep concepts using parts from the Tamiya M151 MUTT kits to get some decent commo gear mounted on one and make it a command vehicle.  I had hoped to make at least one weapons carrier that would mount a TOW missile system and another to be kitted up as a scout vehicle for the Cavalry.  The reissue is indeed good news and I will hopefully be able to acquire a few more of these little gems.  Odd that they have decided to release the kit again, I had actually eMailed the company about two months ago asking what the cost would be with shipping for a case of those kits.  Guess I was not the only one that was asking for the kit.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

JC Carbonel

THanks for the comments. The rubber effect is actually just toned down black (with about 10% of grey and brown) which after drying was rubbed with a finger for a semi-mat effect.

I had thought of putting the 105mm recoiless gun left over from Dragon's Mule but I could not relocate the insructions (!!) silly of me eh ?

JCC

jcf

Needs a FLIR pod and a TOW.  :ar:

Cheers, Jon

ysi_maniac

A real wonder. Love the subject :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Perfect execution with nice crew :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Joe C-P

A side-mounted fixed forward-pointing .50 cal mg would look nice, and maybe a pintle-mounted LMG for the co-pilot.

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

BlackOps

Really nice job! The winter camo is great and I agree the rubber is nicely done :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Radish

What a cracker!!

I love it.....and it's got me thinking again ;)  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Thread revival (but why not?):

Here's a video of the prototype actually carrying an RR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SERvwWALOM
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones