Showing You All The Finger...

Started by Supertom, March 30, 2007, 03:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Lookin' good Tom!  I second Barry's suggestion for giving Aves a try it is really nice stuff.  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mossie

Looking good Tom, that big wing will look great with s**tloads of ordanance hung off it!

About your Milliput problem, the way I mix it is to roll it into thin sausages, then roll these into a ball, repeat it until the colour is even then do it a few more times for good measure.  With this method I've never had a problem with chunks not setting, tends to be quicker than kneading as well.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Supertom

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement!

Anyway, as you can see, after a few more days of PSR I've tamed the milliput.  Oddly enough I did roll them into thin little sausages and I still got that crap going on!  I'm still baffled as to what happened.  Those spots didn't show up until I sanded it down.  As for it making a showing at Telford, I'll need to make arrangements with Scooterman.

So far, the mods I've made was to make the top intake doors a splitter door, much like on the JSF.  It's done shut so I won't have to deal with the horrible detailing inside.  As you can see, the nose is a different shape, fuselage extended, wings enlarged (wing bulge holds more fuel), an a fixed refuelling probe.  Anyone who can tell me what the the refuelling probe parts are made of is a clever fuzzy bunny.  I still need to make an ejection seat as the cockpit I built in is kinda narrow and won't fit any kit spares I have.  Most likely it'll be a KM-1 style seat.  The wingtips were cut off and angled downwards - I need to drill some holes in them as RCS ports.

Once I get the seat in, canopy covered up, and maybe a sensor bulge or two on the nose (to hide the fact that I can't get the shape of the nose symmetrical) I'll prime it and update you guys again.

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Archibald

Brilliant!!!  :wub:  
Now I have to found another Hobbcrap forger and graft those Harrier wings on it...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

Wow that's some nice progress there Tom! I really like the addition of the IFR probe. I can't wait to see your next update. Any idea what kind of color scheme it will wear?

Brian da Basher

Supertom

QuoteAny idea what kind of color scheme it will wear?

Brian da Basher
Ancient Chinese Secret...  ;)  

Captain Canada

Nice one, ST ! Love the big wing.

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Supertom

Well, here's the initial paint coat.  Spent most of the last few days resanding, patching up spots, etc.  There's still a few spots here and there but I can't be bothered - I'm not building a contest piece anyway.  Will paint up the fin cap next.

Brian da Basher

Love the camo paintjob, Supertom! She's looking sharp as a tack!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

Mike Wren

that scheme really looks good...  :wub:  

John Howling Mouse

Already very believable...    :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Supertom

Added decals, landing gear and preliminary weathering....

BlackOps

Really coming together nicely. I love how much of a difference paint and decals make. And I thought it was cool before!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.