Turkish Mongoose

Started by Son of Damian, April 03, 2007, 12:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XV107

Also bear in mind that it appears that the Turks have selected the A129 International, which means that it has the M197 cannon under the nose, and an extra rotor blade.

Hopefully, the export success will prompt Italeri to do a 1/48 Mangusta (with the ability to build either the original or the international variants). Won't hold my breath, though...

Shasper

QuoteAnd having Patriot in Turkey  or not changed nothing because  the Patriot always missed its target (see its results in GW.1)...
You're thinking of the PAC-2, which wasn't designed to takeout SRBMs, the newer PAC-3 that was/is used in OEF (Oops, I said the 'dirty' term) are designed specificly for anti-missile work.

At least the Turks went with the gunned version, now maybe we'll get a kit of that sexy beasty!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

anthonyp

QuoteAt least the Turks went with the gunned version, now maybe we'll get a kit of that sexy beasty!

Shas B)
I hope so too.  The five bladed beastie would look just killer in USCG markings  :lol:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Sisko

For the Aussies it came to price.

The apache was just to expensive.

Got some pics from the airshow of the aussie version should post them.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Shasper

Did the 129 international get an engine change? I remember reading in WAPJ that whoever was looking into swapping out the Turbomecca's for a pair of T701s IIRC.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.