24 Hour Romulan Bird Of Prey

Started by cthulhu77, April 06, 2007, 09:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

OK...so a friend is having a large sci-fi geek party tomorrow ( I do love to play the MST3K gambit though..acerbic comments and all ), and asked if I had a Romulan BOP. No sweat! Remember those old AMT kits?  Yeah ? Well they cost around 90 bucks out here...f that !

Two bits of urethane foam and a mold so far...have to get it done by 5 pm tomorrow!

Eddie M.

SWEET! B) Looking forward to this!
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

"Captain, our new contraceptive foam torpedo appears to be fully effective against the Romulan Warbird."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wOqeVGv-n4...related&search=
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

LOL !!!!

Rough shape done, first coat of bondo on the foam:

cthulhu77

Closer, closer....

(all I can smell is bondo)

John Howling Mouse

Quote(all I can smell is bondo)
With THAT (ruptured) nose?!?!   :o

Bet the Bondo's smell is even worse than you think!   ;)  

Mossie

Keep going Greg, not long left! Tick, tick, tick..... :o

I'm sure it'll be a good job & bang on time!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

anthonyp

Looking good, Greg, though it looks more like a V-9 than a V-8 (why, yes, I was a Trekkie growing up.  Why do you aks?).  Of course, the V-9 is a better ship (where's the emoticon with Vulcan ears when you need it?).

V-9 Nightstalker class Cruiser

V-8 Bird of Prey class Cruiser
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

cthulhu77

The Party was a success...wow, what a hangover have I !!!
  They had a 4' Enterprise too, so we all made battle noises and made fun of old episodes of Buck Rogers, UFO, and Baker's Dr.Who !

film at eleven.

Anthony, you are probably correct, though this one is going to be of my own particular design. I've decide to light it also .

John Howling Mouse

Did you take any pics of the BoP?

cthulhu77

The party host did...will try to get some copies...still sanding away on the upper hull today, and running wires for the lighting.

Here's me with Dalek and beer and whiskey:

monkeyhanger

I was in a 'junk' shop in Plymouth the other day (one of the few old bits, The Barbican, the rest were bombed in WWII) and they had a 1970s Cyberman suit and a Dalek! I quite fancied the ex MoD range finder (those old military optics are great) but the kids wanted me to get the Cyberman suit.

Brian da Basher

You're looking good Greg, and so is that Romulan Bird of Prey! Just be careful around Daleks...they're known for scarfing a drink or two when no one's looking.
;)
Brian da Basher