Trumperter Gannets

Started by Geoff, April 09, 2007, 11:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

HLJ are knocking out Gannet trainers for £3 = £3 P+P, as opposed to another company selling them at £12,99 plus P+P.
Guess where I ordered mine?

http://www.hlj.com/product/TRP01630

Captain Canada

That is cheap ! I've been thinking of trying an order from HLJ. They're pretty good, aren't they ? I'm looking at grabbing some 144th scale Sea Kings.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

yes that is cheap Todd.  very cheap. I ordered a few kits off them a few months ago, once payment had been processed at their end the delivery of the goods was very quick, quicker than a certian firm that geoff hinted about in his oringinal post.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Geoff

I have been using HLJ for years and they are sound!
They are cheaper and quicker than some of our domestic companys; which is sad when you think they can fly em around the planet faster than the mail can get em 200 miles here.
My original post wasn't a hint but the link to the other company didn't work through the site even though I had the addy correct.

Daryl J.

EMS shipping to the US is pricey but very quick considering the need to clear customs.   SAL is up to 6 weeks but I've had things arrive in the PacNW (Washington) is as little as 8 days from order.

Oh...a Gannet is on the way...thanks Geoff.

Daryl J.

P1127

QuoteEMS shipping to the US is pricey but very quick considering the need to clear customs.   SAL is up to 6 weeks but I've had things arrive in the PacNW (Washington) is as little as 8 days from order.

Oh...a Gannet is on the way...thanks Geoff.

Daryl J.
International mail order is a funny business - i spoke to someone who works in the industry about how it works and speeds etc.

The SAL/Small Packet rate basically means that all the packets go in a mailing container. When the container is full, it is shipped. Thus a packet may go in last and be shipped straight away, or if it is in first and that container is going to a less popular destination, it may be several days or even weeks before it ships. (So for the US, with a large number of entry points, one going to a smaller, less popular location amy take longer)

A similar situation affects mail in a country. In the Uk for example, most post from Japan will come in to one of a couple of locations, wehere it is put straight into the heart of the postal system. A packet sent form, say, East anglia, has to enter tyhe central distribution system before being delivered.
It's not an effing  jump jet.

nev

Thanks for the link Geoff!  I've been wanting this kit for a while, but waiting for my LHS to get their backsides into gear and stock it.  

But at 3 quid a pop it would be rude not to, eh?  :party:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May