My Most Favourite Chinese What-if Fighter !

Started by Deino, April 10, 2007, 09:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

ysi_maniac

Well... Academy MiG-23 and MiG-21 are very cheap and can be combined ...

Do you have 3 view drawing?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

I think that your plane is shorter than this one. No?

ysi_maniac

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Rafael

W O W[/size]

Red Chinese will never know what to do with that beauty!!!

Better to keep it in whiff-world!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

GTX

I always liked these Chinese Whiffs:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Deino

QuoteDo you have info on this other one?
YES !!! It's a CG of the proposed Shenyang J-13 ... a multirole-righter under development during the 70s until March 1981.

It was initiated as a successor or concurring project to the J-9 from Chengdu at the end of 1971 as a response to Institute 601's request for a next generation fighter aircraft. Development started with study for the requirements until 1976.
Biggest weakness once again from the beginning  ... and also the final reason for its cancellation was the lack of a suitable engine, as the once proposed WS-6 had still many problems. After a MiG-23 was obtained via Egypt in 1978 the Russian R-29 was suggested as a replacement as the WP-15, but that also finally failed.
During 1973, wind tunnel tests have been carried out on various design concepts, including different wing designs and the position and layout of the air intake. The final layout is thought to be finished between 1975 and 1976 with several changes after the engine change in 1979. Finally the project was terminated because of unknown reasons in March 1981 and was replaced by the now well known Chengdu J-10, which is presumably based on the J-9.

Quite interesting there are several reports for two different configurations: the first which is depicted here and a second one with one ventral intake ala F-16.

Some projected data.      
Length (m)      17.48      
Wingspan (m)   10.40      
Takeoff Weight (kg)   11660      
TTW Ratio      1.07      
Max. Mach Number   2.0-2.45      
Range (km)   2340      

-
W.H.Auden (1945

ysi_maniac

Hi Deino,
Thanks, I see that you are a real expert on Chinese fighters.
I am very interested in building a J-9. Do you have data on dimensions? I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.

Deino

QuoteHi Deino,
I am very interested in building a J-9. Do you have data on dimensions? I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.
Thanks a lot for Your kind words but Sorry, I have no specific data on the J-9 .... but I know I have been quite "arduously" for some of You because of my endless questions on Chinese military aviation topics, but finally here's the result.  

Once initiated by Tony Buttler for an article regarding "Chinese Secret Projects" – THANKs for that ! – it now became a German two-part version at first.

These two articles are to be published in the German "Flieger Revue" related to the development of the Chinese military aviation and its industry.

The first part of that will - hopefully, as I'm currently just editing the final version - be published in the Summer-issue on 8. June 2007 and includes the build-up after the foundation of the PRC until the mid/late 1970s with the history of the J-6 family, the early Q-5 and J-7 versions, the J-8I and J-9 programme for the fighters and the H-5, H-6 developments as the bomber projects H-6I, H-8I and H-8II (albeit very speculative !)

Part two - hopefully in September 2007 - then will continue with the J-7-family, the J-8I and J-8II, the haevy J-10 fighter, the light-weight projects J-11 and J-12 until the latest projects from the 80s (J-13 ... to Su-27, J-10 and FC-1) with an outlook to the XXJ. For the mud-movers it will include the JH-7 and Q-6 projects.

A similar version in English is still planed later to be published together with Tony Buttler in the "Air Enthusiast".    :wub:

And maybe as a special   ... the artist for the side profiles is quite well known here !!   So stay tuned.

For a small teaser take a look here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...pic,1641.0.html

Cheers, Deino    

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

Hmmm ... not real but a very good CG !!!   :lol:

-
W.H.Auden (1945

famvburg

QuoteHi Deino,

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.
Thanks a lot for Your kind words but Sorry, I have no specific data on the J-9 .... but I know I have been quite "arduously" for some of You because of my endless questions on Chinese military aviation topics, but finally here's the result.  

Once initiated by Tony Buttler for an article regarding "Chinese Secret Projects" – THANKs for that ! – it now became a German two-part version at first.

These two articles are to be published in the German "Flieger Revue" related to the development of the Chinese military aviation and its industry.

The first part of that will - hopefully, as I'm currently just editing the final version - be published in the Summer-issue on 8. June 2007 and includes the build-up after the foundation of the PRC until the mid/late 1970s with the history of the J-6 family, the early Q-5 and J-7 versions, the J-8I and J-9 programme for the fighters and the H-5, H-6 developments as the bomber projects H-6I, H-8I and H-8II (albeit very speculative !)

Part two - hopefully in September 2007 - then will continue with the J-7-family, the J-8I and J-8II, the haevy J-10 fighter, the light-weight projects J-11 and J-12 until the latest projects from the 80s (J-13 ... to Su-27, J-10 and FC-1) with an outlook to the XXJ. For the mud-movers it will include the JH-7 and Q-6 projects.

A similar version in English is still planed later to be published together with Tony Buttler in the "Air Enthusiast".    :wub:

And maybe as a special   ... the artist for the side profiles is quite well known here !!   So stay tuned.

For a small teaser take a look here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/inde...pic,1641.0.html

Cheers, Deino

What exactly is happening at the Secret Projects forums?

Supertom

Hmm, I think I'll build that delta-canard.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

B777LR

Honestly know, some chinese designer must have been drinking too much watery chinese beer, coz if its made as a phantom killer.... :lol: