Main Menu

Mig-29 Uav

Started by McGreig, April 10, 2007, 05:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quoteif I can make up my mind what size of wing to put on it.

How about a swing wing?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

B777LR

Nooo, dont replace those awefully cool huge fuel tanks :(  Real Mig-29 fuel tanks are so whimpy :lol:  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNooo, dont replace those awefully cool huge fuel tanks :(  Real Mig-29 fuel tanks are so whimpy :lol:
Yes, yes, to B777 you listen.

Besides, think of the extended loiter time!

-----Model-Yoda
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

McGreig

QuoteNooo, dont replace those awefully cool huge fuel tanks :(  Real Mig-29 fuel tanks are so whimpy :lol:
Yes, yes, to B777 you listen.

OK, OK - the wing tanks can stay!

The model has now been primed and, apart from some small amounts of additional filling round the ex-cockpit area, is more or less ready for painting.

I'd thought of overall black but I don't think that this would work well. Also, it's going to be either Russian or Ukrainian and their recce aircraft tend to have been grey or natural metal. So I'm currently thinking two shades of grey (a bit like the F-22) or maybe two or three shades of blue like the Su-27 or some of the MiG-29 demonstrators, although overall light grey might look quite smart.

McGreig

Another view. This is shaping up to be one of my quicker builds, probably because there's no messing about with cockpit interiors - I could really get into UAVs - - -  

McGreig

GTX

QuoteThis is shaping up to be one of my quicker builds, probably because there's no messing about with cockpit interiors

Another reason why UAVs/UCAVs etc are cool!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

McGreig

The UAV has been on hold recently because of the Super Il-10.

However, painting is now under way. I've decided on a three tone blue colour scheme, similar to the Su-27, which MiG have used on a few MiG-29 demonstrators.

The kit has had a base coat of light blue air-brushed on and some other details painted. With luck, the rest of the camouflage scheme will be done this week.

McGreig

This doesn't look significantly different from the earlier photos of the kit in grey primer. However, it is definitely now blue! I'll have to try to take the next photos in natural light.

Mossie

QuoteOK, OK - the wing tanks can stay!
I'd say if your going to change, them, make them even bigger, like Tornado Hindenburgers! ;)

Good job so far McGreig, looking forward to seeing the finished article.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Yes, looking good ! I love the fairing under the nose.

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

McGreig

Back to the MiG while waiting for some final filling to set on the Il-10 Turbo. The basic camouflage is now completed and, as it's the first significant air brushing that I've done for over six months, I'm quite pleased with the results so far.  

McGreig

Paints are Humbrol and I haven't applied any varnish yet. Still a lot of detail painting to do and small parts to be added, but it's beginning to look as though I may actually finish something before my normal one-week-before-the-Nationals panic.

ysi_maniac

Gorgeous Russian painting :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.