cant..............stop..............drooling, so........fantastic  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

Here's the 3-view that was published in Flight:

and a detail of the proposed intake design:

Cheers, Jon

Archibald

FABULOUS!!!! Now I know where my magazine found its 3-view (at least they improved it a bit  ;) )

Thank you very much, that's exactly what members of this forum needed to make profiles!!! Yeeepeeeeeee!!!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Undercarriage fitted.

Forward landing gear come from the box, but main legs were utter crap. Mach 2 kits are rather crap, except enormous pieces such as fuselage halves.

So I reused spares from Concorde landing gear.

Each new legs had 4 wheels, and guess what happened ?
When I fitted the nosegear, the nose was too light, in fact the model had a
nose-high attitude... just as if was it taking off !!  :blink:  

So I've added some metallic ballast. I put it into the aircraft by a hole into the undercarriage boxes. This mean that the ballast is not fixed... when it move to the rear of the model, it looks like the Sonic Cruiser is taking off (like before).
When the ballast move to the nose, the nosewheel take contact with the ground.  :lol:

So here's a "take off"  photo...

... the sonic Cruiser at rest...

:cheers:

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

Look! A Mach 2 carravelle!  

Supertom

Hey Archie,

Maybe I should have asked you earlier before you stuck all the wings and other surfaces on it, but I didn't expect you to put the thing together so fast anyway, but - just how are you doing to sand the putty to shape now?
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Archibald

QuoteHey Archie,

Maybe I should have asked you earlier before you stuck all the wings and other surfaces on it, but I didn't expect you to put the thing together so fast anyway, but - just how are you doing to sand the putty to shape now?
What do you mean ?  

B777LR

QuoteHey Archie,

What do you mean ?
U know, boeing planes are smooth to minimize drag in the air, unlike scarebus (runs for cover) :D  :lol:  :P

Quotemaybe the 737 successor could have fly at mach 0.98, too ? 

You mean the 737RS? That one is already on the drawing board actually ;)  More like a mini-787 than a sonic cruiser ;) Heres what flight international thinks it will look like:

Archibald

QuoteHey Archie,

What do you mean ?
U know, boeing planes are smooth to minimize drag in the air, unlike scarebus (runs for cover) :D  :lol:  :P

Quotemaybe the 737 successor could have fly at mach 0.98, too ? 

You mean the 737RS? That one is already on the drawing board actually ;)  More like a mini-787 than a sonic cruiser ;) Heres what flight international thinks it will look like:
Ah ok, well the plane is rather big, JHM send me a load of sanding paper... so I spend 20 minutes sanding, and sanding the thing again. It look better now...

Well I've finally decided to paint it in colors similar to the VC-32A and VC-37A (757s and Gulfstreams, Air Force Two).

No flying boom !!!

Archibald

I've decided to paint it as a VIP bird similar to the C-32A "Air Force Two"  :wub:

so here's the first shots of the painted model

John Howling Mouse

Absolutely incredible what a modeler without fear can accomplish.
You are the Styrene Daredevil, Archibald!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

QuoteAbsolutely incredible what a modeler without fear can accomplish.
I second the motion! I love your style! B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

frank2056

I think he earned that title just by opening a Mach 2 box, gluing the parts together and not running away, screaming like a little girl.

The rest is just gravy. I love those wings!

Archibald

I think he earned that title just by opening a Mach 2 box, gluing the parts together and not running away, screaming like a little girl.

The rest is just gravy. I love those wings!
Thanks for the cheers comments guys  :cheers:  

Frank, you're perfectly right about mach 2 model... this Caravelle is pure crap (I'll post photos of undercarriage "legs"  . And don't start talking about model instructions sheet... what instructions ? :wacko: )
BUT even if it is a very, very bad kit, it is precious (at least for me) because it is in 1/72 scale.
I've started building in 1/72 scale 11 years ago (a Revell F-104G, Science Museum, London... first trip to a foreign country, first model kit. Great week!! ) and stayed stubbornly stuffed to this scale until today...

Mach 2 Falcon 20 is not too disastrous (small kit!!). I've build one (it ended as Ferrari F1 Bizjet) some years ago and bought another last week, to be use as basis for a Carreidas 160 (Tintin bizjet!).

TsrJoe

hiya Archie ... rather hard to find over here but i managed to picked up a Mach2 Caravelle to do as a Swedish ELINT. bird, looks an ok kit with a lil work methinks!

just wondering, as im sure many of us are, could you give us a run down of your materials and techniques used on your models

my usual route for my 'project type' models is to spend weeks (months!) sanding, puttying sanding, puttying, etc. with dozens of spray primer coats between to finally end up with a finish im happy with! then a few coats of finish paint followed by a few laquer coats sealing everything in to a smooth finish

just a thought..have you tried using wood for your models (traditional techniques) as its easily shaped and filled, another poss material would be suitable diameter plastic pipe (again with wooden plugs nose and tail) as a way of making circular section fuselages (saves butchering expensive kits too!) iv used this technique on a number of occasions to satisfactory results

cheers, joe  
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)