The Carpet Monster Strikes Again

Started by Aircav, April 12, 2007, 02:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Just been up in the loft to get some new engines for my Sunderland, come down stairs and one of the engines is now on the missing list, bloody carpet monsters eaten it!!!!!!!!
Had four in the loft now only have three, Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

Shorts trimotor! How about finding 4 german engines, and doing it up as a luftwaffe/kriegsmarine plane?

Aircav

I've already decided to do the next one a Luftwaffe machine but this ones for the Perth show and I still havn't found the missing engine, were's me gun......... :unsure:  :(  

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

PanzerWulff

What version the one with the pegasus or the R-1830 twin wasp radials if the wasp I have a spare Engines & things R-1830 in the stash
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

PanzerWulff

CORRECTION!!! I have 2 R-1830's in the stash (Leftovers from a Catalina Project) they are 1/72 in scale
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Aircav

Panic over, I've just found it, it was hiding down between the skirting board and the carpet, god knows it got there.
Phew  :P  :dum:  

Sir Sydney Camm

Captain Canada

Good job, Stevie ! The eyeball wins again.......bloody carpet monsters.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

Wait until you see the Catalina I'm doing Toadie, you may just like it  ;)  :D  :ph34r:  

Sir Sydney Camm

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Rafael

Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

NARSES2

QuoteGood job, Stevie ! The eyeball wins again.......bloody carpet monsters.

:cheers:
It's an amazing beast the Carpet Monster. Managed to drop the top off a bottle of Tamiya clear red yesterday. Fell on a beige carpet, no problem, right ? Wrong ! Took me 15 mins to find it, the bugger had managed to roll halfway across the room and under a cabinet !!!  :ph34r:

Glad you found it Steve

Chris

PS - In Terry Pratchet's "Hogfather" there is a wonderfull description of the Sock Monster - next time I see Terry at the Convention I'll mention this sibling to him  ;)  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

We had the same ptoblem when I worked in a garage, you'd drop something and it would vanish and turn up way across the other side somewhere, we were convinced that what use to happen was that as the object got to with in 6 inches of the floor, stop and the fly off at 90 degrees for a random distance.

Sir Sydney Camm

Radish

Does your monster growl or go "wuff, wuff"??

Grrrrrrrrr :lol:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

He just lurks silently under you feet waiting, waiting..................... :ph34r:  

Sir Sydney Camm