Naming The Tsr.2 ...

Started by TsrJoe, April 13, 2007, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on January 30, 2013, 04:13:21 AM
Given the avionics difficulties it would probably have suffered from, at least in the early days, I could see exasperated crews claiming that TSR.2 stood for "Total System Reset: Squared"  :wacko:

I believe "Chook" is gaining popularity for the Chinook.

Chinooks have long been known downunder as "Angy Chooks".  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Hobbes

Quote from: Weaver on January 30, 2013, 04:13:21 AM
Given the avionics difficulties it would probably have suffered from,

If that were the case, it'd be known as the Lucas ...

PR19_Kit

I just re-read the whole of this post as a result of it being bumped.

XR222 was at Cranfield when I did my Auto Eng HND in the mid 60s and we used it a systems project example, in my case for the flight control systems. All the time I was there the staff and students called it 'The Beast', presumably because it entirely dominated the hangar in which it was kept.

I treasure the occasion when I was allowed to sit in the front cockpit, even if I was the only student tall enough to reach up there with the rickety steps they had!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Know how you feel - I had the opportunity to sit in both cockpits of XR220 at Cosford at the IPMS UK AGM back in 1999.  Fabulous! 

Mind, the pilot's cockpit was somewhat snug, although the Navigator had some more room to play with.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Yes, 'snug' describes it well!

In my case I had no cushion or 'chute to sit on so I was well down in the seat pan, but there was little clearance for my head. Subsequently I've sat in the front seat of a Tornado GR1 at Lossie and that was very similar, only short pilots need apply!

From that position in the TSR2 there was NO part of the airframe that was visible to the pilot, not even the nose cone as it dropped away so steeply. It must have been a real bitch to taxi on the ground!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit