New Japanese Fighter?

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, April 15, 2007, 08:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello everybody!
I found thoses links on a French forums.

Some rumors told that this is a mokup made in order to study what could be the next indigenious Japanese fighter: something lighter and cheaper than a F-35.

A model could have been tested in French DGA installations in order to test the stealth abilities of the design.

Any information about it?? Fake or real one??
Is someone able to translate some of those japanese inscriptions??

I precise that I really enjoy the design of this plane!!  :wub:

See here and here

Be careful, on the first link, the arcticle speaking about the F-3 is clearly a fake, we already saw it somewhere here.
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

B777LR

Looks like a mock-up for a movie...

Planeman

Although obviously it's only a model, it's completely genuine. I doubt that Japan seriously intends to build it, I think the project has more to do with keeping its scientists up to speed with cutting edge technology (esp. stealth) and reminding potential trading partners that Japan could go it alone if they don't give over a full technology transfer.

Britian did a very similar thing in the 1990s with the BAE Systems "Replica" programme (note: code name Replica is misleading, it's not a copy of anything although obviously it resembles the McDonnell-D/BAE-S JSF). The Replica:

Another country going through this is South Korea although they are still some way off any full size models

PolluxDeltaSeven

I agree, I'm sure that Japan will prefer having F-22 or Typhoon. But such a program allowed them to keep the abilities to design and produce their own fighters, if one day they need to do that.

And when I look at this plane, I hope that they'll need to build it one day! I just love the way it looks!  :wub:  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

B777LR

Lets see...

Could it be a chinese project/proposal/idea or development airframe to test stealth? (could have gotten lost on the internet, and be mistaken for being japanese) :unsure:

Some kind of F-22 or JSF contender from ages ago? (i doubt that myself)

Some small company trying to develop a low-cost stealth fighter for the 3rd world? (scaled composites?)

anthonyp

That's an old study model for a Japanese stealth fighter.  Just a study, nothing more.

There's stuff about it on the Secret Projects site.  When Overscan brings it back, I'll dig up the thread.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

PolluxDeltaSeven

Thanks Anthony!
That'll be cool! ;)  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

John Howling Mouse

mmm, BOTH the British and Japanese designs are very tempting....
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

PolluxDeltaSeven

I agree!!!
We need a plastic surgeon in order to realise one of those!!

Archibald, where are you???!!  :lol:  :lol:

More seriously, I very enjoy the Japanese one, but no idea how to realise it.
Maybe in butchering a Rafale and a F-35, and maybe an heavy modified F-18 nose??

Well, i'm not very good for this knid of work, sadly! ^_^  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

royabulgaf

That cockpit looks kind of strange.  Sort of like a two seater modified to single seat but keeping the same shape.  Mitsubishi F-1?  

Kim M
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

Hobbes

A while ago I tried to find more photos of the BAe Replica, but didn't succeed. I only found the photo in Planeman's post. Have any of you seen other photos (or drawings)?  

cthulhu77

Doesn't look too stealthy, with that massive cockpit waaaaaay out front, but it would be one hell of a ground attack aircraft!

dragon

Best starts for kitbashing this would have to be a MiG-29 or an Su-27 along with the old italeri MiG-37 Ferret B 1/72 scale kits.  The nose resembles that of the YF-23 Black Widow. B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Sentinel Chicken

That photo is stretched out and doesn't accurately reflect the proportions of the mockup.

This was a quick illustration I did when I first found out about it last year trying to depict the design- I think I have it too small (the pilot silhouette should be smaller):

Jennings

My God, it's even uglier than the F-22!  Hardly thought that possible...

:)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974