Xp-72 Finished - Monogram/koster Kit

Started by braincells37, April 16, 2007, 09:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braincells37

Well, when the 56th FG was having engine problems with their P-47M's, they shipped the XP-72 to the unit for in field testing. Mike Gladych drew the short straw or won the toss of the coin, depending on which account you read. It was quickly painted up in his Pengie markings and this was Pengie VI. The port elevator was a replacement added after it was painted when a ground crewman backed into it with a truck.

And yes, it is dark, dark blue - not black. I've seen the actual paint used on the real Pengie V

Terry :wacko:  :wacko:  
IPMS Seattle 'President For Life'

van883

wolfik

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS......  B)
nice nice nice...
must have one too must have one too must have one too must have one too....

ysi_maniac

This model is a real beauty. Perfectly executed. I have allways desired to have one in 1/72.
Top notch  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

BlackOps

Great looking build :)  And who says penguins can't fly!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Rafael

Excellent Whiff!!!
My eyes watered just when I saw it!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

The paintwork is beautiful, I specially like the props and the detail in the forward fuse
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Daryl J.

Terry, that's great like always!

Daryl J.

Glenn Gilbertson

Congrats - great colour scheme and build. What a brute!
:cheers:  

Captain Canada

I dunno, guys....I'm pretty sure that's black !

:P

Great job, Braino ! Nice looking aeroplane,m to be sure. That thing is just crying out to be made into a naval fighter. Don't know if it's the longs legs, or the big props....or a collection of things ( kinda looks like a Sea Fury from that upper 3/4 pic ).

Any road...nice work...and thanks for sharing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

Very beautiful work, there !  Sleek, deadly, gorgeous.

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Archibald

QuoteWell, when the 56th FG was having engine problems with their P-47M's, they shipped the XP-72 to the unit for in field testing. Mike Gladych drew the short straw or won the toss of the coin, depending on which account you read. It was quickly painted up in his Pengie markings and this was Pengie VI. The port elevator was a replacement added after it was painted when a ground crewman backed into it with a truck.

And yes, it is dark, dark blue - not black. I've seen the actual paint used on the real Pengie V

Terry :wacko:  :wacko:
Man, this pic is just superb! And the model, too!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

Holy cow Braincells, that's a wizzard build! The "Pengie" markings give it just the right dose of whiff "realism" that can make the "experts" argue!

Great stuff!!!!

Brian da Basher