Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Daryl J.

Rafael

QuoteAre they visible?

Daryl J.
Nope.

EDIT 1
Open a parallel session of photobucket and hit the title "IMG Code" under your pic once. That will copy the IMG Reference. Then come to your post edit session and simply paste it into.

EDIT 2
WOW !!!
It was worth the effort, Daryl!!!!

The first one is still not showing

EDIT 3
It shows now.

Rafa
Idiot Dancer Extraordinaire :lol:  
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Daryl J.

If anyone wants to watch, I'm doing a public Dance of the Idiots right now.   :lol:

Daryl J., trying to post pix from Photobucket

Daryl J.

Cockpit wired and detailed
Gunze RLM 82, RLM 83, and Sky
Weathered with a Tamiya Brown and Black in an Iwata Eclipse HP-SBS
Decals---numerous sources
Wings not glued on.

Easy kit.

Inspiration for scheme to Brett Green at Hyperscale, my thanks sir.

Not quite completed before I was banned by my physicians from all organic solvents for a while....long story not for here.  

Daryl J.

PS: Sorry for the huge size of the photos, my program has one size only....too big.

Rafael

Beautiful.

I like your camo, the tail striping is very eye-catching, and the interior detail is stunning.
Daryl, just between you and me, how did you manage to accentuate every panel line in the aircraft, I would like to learn to do that.
Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Daryl J.

Rafa,

It is a wash of Turpenoid, Japan Dryer, Grumbacher burnt sienna, and burnt umber thinned to the consistency of water and flooded on with a small brush.  
After sitting for an hour, it was gently wiped clean with my old T-shirt.

This will not work on enamels as the solvents in the paint react with the thinner of the wash.   The technique is only for acrylics and oil paint washes.

There ya go.

Materials are at any good craft store and will run about $35.00US but last a lifetime if properly sealed.

HTH,
Daryl

Captain Canada

Nice one, Dar ! The paint looks awesome.....very nicely done. Looking forward to seeing a few more snaps !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

Thanks for the pics.

Very nice!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mossie

Nice, I like the subtle tiger stripes, kind of reminds me of the velociraptors in Jurassic park! :D

QuoteIf anyone wants to watch, I'm doing a public Dance of the Idiots right now.   :lol:

Daryl J., trying to post pix from Photobucket

Sounds like you had a couple of pints of what I had weekend before last....! :wacko:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Allan

Hi Daryl

Thanks for showing us your plane.

The Huckbein is such a wonderful design and you've done a great job on your model.

More photos please!

Allan in Canberra

matrixone

Very nice Ta 183!

I like the Tiger stripe camo, I have seen a photograph of a Fw 190D-9 that had almost the same style of camouflage on the the rear fuselage.

Matrixone

Daryl J.

....and that Fw-190 is the inspiration for the upper rear fuselage...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Most of my modeling is a re-blending of someone else's ideas rather than a frank original.   IIRC, the Focke Wulf is also in green/green/sky yes?

Daryl J.

John Howling Mouse

That is freakishly CLEAN!  Wish I could do that!

Very handy model, all around, Daryl!    :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Outstanding work! B) Very nice detail. Thanks for sharing with us!
  Eddie  
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

The more I look at it, the better I like it...most convincing, and really well done.

:cheers: