Long Time Lurker, 1st Time Poster

Started by wikxie, April 25, 2007, 02:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wikxie

Hi All,
I've been lurking here a while now, and am in awe of the work you are doing.
I haven't done any modeling for some time now but thought you might appreciate these pics of a SF3D Krote I kinda whiffed a while back. I imagined it as a Air Defence patrol unit armed with missiles and high velocity multi barrel gun. The side mounted gun, missile tubes and mount were scratch built.  The top mounted search radar came from a 1/35 Sgt. York AA Tank.
Please enjoy.

I have other Sci-fi models on Photobucket and will be adding more. If you wish I'll post them here. Not much whiffing though!

Gekko_1

Nice work wikxie, I really like the SF3D stuff, great imagination used there. I'd like to see some more of your SF stuff and I'm quite sure others would too, ain't that right others! :P  

Maverick

Welcome aboard Wikxie!!

Speaking as an SF3D fan from when they were obscure (ie 20yrs ago), Magnifico!  Where's the "Feck, Arse, Twiglets" button when you need it.  Top stuff indeed.

mav

wikxie

Thanks for looking guys.

Somehow I think you'll kinka like these, too.  :)

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/cr...0140_edited.jpg

Supertom

Oooooh :wub:

So Wikxie, what scale/kit/medium is the Aliens dropship and APC?

Welcome by the way.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

ysi_maniac

WOW ... yes, you are welcome, Your stuff looks so cool B)  and menazing... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

I loved how her helmet read "Fly the Friendly Skies" !  Neat work, that 'mech on top sure has some serious firepower !  Beautiful stuff, and glad you decided to delurk!
        Greg

Daryl J.

You've got some talent!   :P  :P  :P

Welcome aboard!   We wanna see more too.   One of the things that's so great about this particular site is that all genres are welcome.    Honestly, I don't have much understanding of this type of model but sure appreciate well done craftsmanship and paintwork.     May I have some sort of briefing please?

:cheers:
Daryl J.

Captain Canada

Hey ! Welcome aboard ! I have no idea what a Krote is...but I like it ! Great job on the paint.

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Rafael

SCI-FI WHIFFER ALERT!!!![/size]

Nice entries!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Man, that is surely how a Krote should look like!!!
And Dropships and APC's are really a most welcome sight!!!

Good work, show us more ('cmon, we know you have more!!) ;)

Welcome!!
Rafa

PD: Are the Krote's missile launchers made from cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
Paraphrasing our Brian da Basher, Cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!) increases the coolness factor of a model by 1000%  
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Glady you decided to de-lurk :)  Some very nice work you've shared. Hope you get the whif bug bad enough to jump in and create some new stuff...it really is fun.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

wikxie

Hi All
Many thanks for your enthusiast response to my work. I'm going to post some more SF3D stuff that I've modified and some 1/72 aircraft, not whiffed though unless you count a Flapjack.
The Krote is 1/20 and about 20cm high.
The Drop Ship and APC are both 1/72.
The DS is injection moulded to which I've added or improved a lot of the detail, eg. there was no cockpit detail what so ever, so I scatch built one with crew. The weapons under the wings(?) were just blobs, so new ones came from the spares box. The upper wing missiles were moulded detail, now they are separate white metal parts.
The APC is resin with white metal turrets and wheels.

Sisko

Welcome Aboard!

Nice Krote. Have always loved the SF3D universe. That retro futuristic look just looks so right.

The Drop ship is nice to.  

Always happy to see more  :rolleyes:

Cheers
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Eddie M.

Outstanding work, ESPECIALLY the dropship. That ship inspired the shape of one of my projects. :)

The sponsons on the side of the nose
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...la/HPIM0345.jpg

and the tail..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...la/HPIM0956.jpg

I was also thinking of it when I did the tail on the one on the right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/scu...02/IM002984.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, but I am very excited to see the "Alien" model. B)
  Eddie  
Look behind you!