Started by wikxie, April 26, 2007, 07:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wikxie

Hi again,
Here's some 1/72 aircraft for you.
First up a Tamiya Bell X1

Shasper

Sweet!

How'd the kit go together? I've always wanted to do one up as a WWII air launched interceptor with either six .50cal or four 20mm in a belly pack.

Shas B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Scooterman

Very nice!  bTW-wot color did you use for the orange?

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

wikxie

Hi, thanks to all for looking.

Shasper, from what I remember it went together well with just a little work around the canopy. When I first read you want to arm one I thought it a little far fetched. Then I recalled seeing a photo of a mock up for nose mounted guns for supersonic gunnery tests. It was for the un-built X-1C which was part of the second generation X-1's which were bigger and had a conventional cockpit canopy. So, perhaps a '46 X-1 warbird might work. Some sort of high altitude interceptor chasing down Luft '46 Amerika Bombers?

Scooterman, it is just Humbrol Orange I think, nothing special. It may not be right but look ok to me!

wikxie

More!

A Cheshire (Tom) Cat?

1/72 Hasegawa

again 1/72 Hasegawa with  Roo Decal markings ( I Think! )

K5054NZ

Very swish! I particularly like the snake-mouthed Hornet, very very cool! Roos make anything Air-Superiority-Yawn-Grey interesting!

Well, less sleep-inducing.

aseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg aqqgixbgubhjwGQBEUGU JBHNWGV HBNJDSFDZ

Wha? I'm awake!

Hey, I said "less".

B777LR

Mossie

QuoteMore!

A Cheshire (Tom) Cat?
ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!  :ph34r:  Poo'd me pants......!?!?! :blink:  :wacko:  :lol:  :wub:  :dum:  
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Shasper

And in my all time fav markings! Nice Cat!

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

wikxie

Some gosh darn rooskies for ya'all

Hasegawa 1/72

Hasegawa 1/72

Mossie

Very nice builds wikxie, I especially like the Flanker!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

wikxie

Last but not least. My most whiffy aircraft in my collection.
I present to you the Chance Vought Flying Flapjack.

This was the Pegasus kit I think. Lots of FSR and rescribing of panel lines. Of course was it Tamy or Hasa that released one almost as soon as I'd finished it. :dum:

John Howling Mouse

oooOOOooo, let the drooling begin.

Question for you: did you use Blue-Tac sausages or some other technique to get the demarcation so tight yet still slightly blended on that (gulp) 1:72 Flanker?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

wikxie

I hate to say this but I did it free hand, and for the extra degree of difficulty my airbrush is one of those Tamiya ones with its own little compressor and the gun shaped hand piece. Yes I do seem to like making life hard for myself.