Amphion's Sv-51r Nora Type "macross Zero"

Started by Amphion, May 01, 2007, 04:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphion

Seeing as some are already finished with their entries, and I've yet to get the preverbial arse out-of the wagon  :blink: .

I finally got an idea of what I wanted to do  :ph34r: , here's a first picture just to prove I'm still in the running:

Amphion

Mossie

Pink!?!?!  Rad'll be in raptures!  I'm intrigued....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Amphion

She's molded in pink but she won't stay that way for long  ;)

This is a Hasegawa kit and the instructions are all in japanese, for a long time I couldn't figure out if it's a snap-tite kit or not. Finally I obted for the later.

As this is a sci-fi/whiff-kit OOB, I kinda went with a de-whiffing approach  :blink:  
Amphion

Mossie

Ah, found it, from one of them Japanese animine film thingys, that my brother & nephew go nuts for & I know very little about!

Pinky purple one:

And another variant of the same aircraft:

Nice looking kit & a very cool plane, looking forward to this Amphion! B) So I guess your putting this sci-fi jet in real world markings?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Amphion

:P

[size=8]NB! If these three are the don'ts, then I'll gladelly stick with the fourth.[/size]  :party:
Amphion

Sisko

Ahh Macross the one thast statred it all. The original series was what got me interested in Anime in the first place.

Can't say I know much about Macross zero but I like the design.

What scheme are you doing?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

SimonR

QuoteThis is a Hasegawa kit and the instructions are all in japanese, for a long time I couldn't figure out if it's a snap-tite kit or not.
Sorry about that! I'd never looked inside the box too closely...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Amphion

No worries,

It's got lots of perrdie pictures too  :blink:

I'm not building it like it's supposed to anyways  :lol:  
Amphion

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI'm not building it like it's supposed to anyways  :lol:
Ah, the creed of the consumate "whiffer."

Looking good so far.  Can't wait to see how you twist this to your own making!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Amphion

Not much in the way of updates, but a few pictures. BTW JHM, thanx for the fine words but she'll be nought compared with your boy wonder  :D .

Here's the work place, "See prodjekt iss on see tabbel":

Heres two orientation pics, so you'll get the feel of my hide-out.
First standing at the workplace, with my back to it, facing the room:

And again from the far side of the room looking back (yes, in the far corner behind the boxes is the workplace  <_< ):

Amphion

Amphion

Amphion

BlackOps

Lookin' good, nothin' wrong with slow and steady. These kits fit very nicely together but sure have a ton of parts! Looking forward to seeing more progress.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Amphion

Well I'm finished, with a few days to spare (unless we get an extension) i opted to not venture in to weathering 'cause I just might reck it.  :D

So here I present to you:

The Canadair CL-51 (CF-151) Silver Arrow

She was first intended as a German luft '46 kinda fighter but when the paint-job had dried she practically begged for some leafy roundels. Luckily I had some in an old Esci set. I've never used these before and all I ever hear about them is that they can be a hassle, but I think they turned out OK.

Lack of time prevented me from adding underwing stores. I'll try to complete with these as soon as possible (just needs to deside what to fit), maybe if we get an extension.

Anyhow, here's the pictures:

Amphion

Brian da Basher

Freakin' scary, Amphion! I love it! You're right, those maple leafs are perfect for it!
Two thumbs up!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher