Tiny Real World Airliners

Started by ysi_maniac, May 03, 2007, 11:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

This is the 1/200 Heller garbage. But decals are good. In airliners clean painting and good decals are all you need.

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

This is even smaller:
Academy's 1/360 Tu-144

ysi_maniac

I added some bits like retractable canard planes, which I find really cool B) . A dropping nose, again very cool, and landing gear with those odd mian legs

ysi_maniac

the result of my detailing efforts

ysi_maniac

Last bttb

Captain Canada

Nice work ! I should say, great work ! Very nicely done for such a small scale. It's hard to believe that you Concordeski is that 360th one ! Can you take another pi of them with a coin or something to illustrate the size ?

Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Woah those are some really impressive airliners, ysi! I've always liked the Caravelle and you've certainly done it justice! Your Concordski is great too and your detail mods are wonderful! Great stuff!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

But ysi, a carravelle is bigger than a cessna... :dum:  

The Rat

QuoteThis is the 1/200 Heller garbage.
Oooh I don't know... The nose contours seem a bit dodgy (should look identical to a Comet as they used the same nose), but she looks okay for 1/200th. In fact I think I'll pick one up next time I see one on the shelves, might have some good whiffing possibilities.

3-engined?

Move the wings back and add canards?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rafael

Great work, Carlos!!!
And you only did very light surgery!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

The Rat

Oops, forgot to mention - DAMNED FINE JOB ON THOSE!!  :wub:  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

frank2056

Nice job!

I love teh Concordski. I have that same model, and almost every model in that Academy range (all are "box scale", between 1/260 and 1/480). They're nice kits, and great for rescaling. Some lack landing gear, though.

Frank

The Rat

QuoteThey're nice kits, and great for rescaling.
I'll second that. They're a fun build, nothing fancy. I've got the B-70 almost finished in a pre-war scheme of blue fuselage and yellow wings, just for a laugh.  ^_^