Revell Dornier 335 In Progress

Started by Allan, May 04, 2007, 06:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that's one really sweet color scheme there Allan! I particularly like the misty blue on top and the wavy demarcation line which contasts nicely against the red tail and the yellow leading edges! You're building a real head-turner!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Allan

Slowly getting there. A few changes to the color scheme. Have to spray the undersurfaces next.

Allan in Canberra

cthulhu77

Lovely mottling!  This plane is going to be wonderful.

Brian da Basher

Ohhh yhes, Allan! That camo scheme just keeps getting better and better! The mottling is a very nice touch and gives it nice subtle connection with its German heritage!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

McGreig

Great colour scheme and wonderful mottling.  :thumbsup:  And I'm impressed by the whole patient, step-by-step approach which I doubt that I could manage in the proverbial month of Sundays!  :bow:  :bow:  

wolfik

oh yes....the camo will make an eye catcher  :cheers:  

ysi_maniac

I agree with all the last posts :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Allan

Hi fellows,
Apologies for not posting for a while, but I've had airbrush woes that prevented me from doing any work on my Dornier for some time.
The problem has more or less cleared up and so I've done a little more work over the past few days; some progress has been achieved.
The color scheme is the same, but the camo pattern has changed just a little.
Photos in a day or two.
I'm well and so is the family. I'm coming up to my 5th anniversay (15 May) as a Whiffer.
Allan in Canberra

van883

Hi
how did you fix your airbrush?

cheers

Van

Sisko

I was only thinking the other day what had happened, as we had not heard from you in a while.

Can't wait for some more pics. I really like where you were going with this.

What airbrush was it by the way?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Allan

Thanks for the welcome back, fellows. The last time I posted about my 335 was way back in October of last year.
What happened is that the white bands didn't dry properly...they were sticky so I sanded them off and repainted them..sticky again...so I switched to acrylic only to find that the paint cracked after drying...back to enamel and this time more or less it was acceptable...still lots of touching up to do.
Then I was faced with overspray from the undersurfaces and had to redo some of the uppersurfaces...all of this required masking again and again which was truly frustrating..the truth is I suppose that I'm not a good spraypainter
Anyway here's what it looks like now...a little toylike I think but it may improve in appearance once I slap on some matt varnish and add some smoke stains..I've been working on this one for so long I think maybe I'll go with the kit nose and not try to be too cute fashioning a What If nose to take its place.
Notice also that the fuselage gun barrels are now short..that's what happens when you snap one off like a fool
Please tell me what you think..later I'll tell you about the air brush problems I had and other things.
Allan in Canberra

Eddie M.

Looks outstanding! I would have never know you had the set back if hadn't said so. Looking forward to the finish!
   Eddie
Look behind you!

matrixone

Welcome back!

Glad to learn this one will be finished, I wondered what happened to you and was afraid I somehow missed pictures of the finished model.

Matrixone

John Howling Mouse

That's one far-out paint scheme!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Allan, glad to see you back in action! Glad you've got things under control again  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.