Main Menu

Stirling

Started by Captain Canada, May 05, 2007, 09:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Sure ! Would make life a little easier around here....

Any one that has the flattest surface to attach to my Stirling would be great.

Thanks !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Quote from: sequoiaranger on June 11, 2008, 10:32:18 AM
Pardon my crude drawing--this was just the mind-picture jotted down hastily.

Beauty ! Are you gonna go for it ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sequoiaranger

>Beauty ! Are you gonna go for it ?<

Regrettably, I sold off the 1/32 Corsair and am trying to get rid of most of the rest of my 1500-kit collection of 1/72-scale stuff, including the Stirling. So the short answer is ...NO.

I have designated about 30 whiffs I intend to build, and am keeping the appropriate 100 or so kits from which I will bash them! The "Corsair Stirling" will have to be someone else's project--I promise I won't sue for idea infringement!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Captain Canada

From the Good News Dept.

That stinking Broncobra is done, and thanks to the generosity of Phil and Chris, I've got the final pieces to the puzzle !

And now, taking center stage...it's the Stirling !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Looks to me like the brewski is currently holding center stage, not that there's anything wrong with that!

You know I'll be watching this one, Toad and enjoying every moment!
Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Thanks Brian !

I'm currently enjoying a relaxing pop or two, and getting into it. It's funny, as I have the airbrush, the talent and the technology to build a pretty good product, but I just love to sit back, sip a few, and do it all with the brush and the old Testors paints. I guess that's what's so relaxing about it, feeling like a kid again, maybe.....

Anyway, enough 'deep thoughts', back to the Stirling !

PS-just wacthed 'my favourite alien' with the boy. Man, that Hurley turns my crank !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dogsbody

Todd, are you telling me that Canada Post managed to get that to you in just a few days. Unbelieveable!
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Captain Canada

You betcha ! And it wasn't even covered in oily grit like the media had me believing !

:thumbsup:

Thanks again, guys !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

You know what ? I t looks just like I imagined it when I drew up that first pic...... :wub:

The ords getting there.......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

That Stirling is looking fatnastic, Toad! You've done this kit far more justice than I ever could and I really like the color on the uppers.
Brian da Basher

Roger the Cabin Boy

Strange how work areas look the same the world over.  The other universal rule is that there's always a half-built subject in the national colours of the modeller.   And beer close by.   :cheers:
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

Captain Canada

Hehehe...no doubt about those rules !

Quick update : Still plugging away, Bri-man ! I know you and your evil twin are getting tired of just sitting in your seats and waiting.....

Some putty on the covered in windows. Need to keep the light out for the radar operators.

Other side and some painted ords. Need to figure out the detail colours for the bombs, depth charges and torpedoes.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

She's really getting there now!
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

dogsbody

Mmmm! Keith's India Pale Ale. The best beer from the Home Province.  The Stirling is looking good, too.
"What young man could possibly be bored
with a uniform to wear,
a fast aeroplane to fly,
and something to shoot at?"

Captain Canada

As always, thank you, boys ! And indeed, keith's is a mighty fine Ale.

First off : Got the final ords sorted. 2x torps, 4 bombs, and 6 depth charges.

I wasn't ever happy with the tail.....just so small. With the extra 'omph' of the Centaurus, I thought it had to have more area. Then I read a release from 1945 on the technical aspects of the Mk.X Stirling "...the slab-sided fuselage provides enough area to compensate for the lack of vertical stabilazer area...." Then I thought, BS ! And was going to add a wee fillet ( in case of engine failure ? )

But again, just not right. I tried a bit from a Helldiver wing, but it wasn't right either. I searched all the graveyard boxes, and nothing. I was gonna give up and go with the original tail and my BS story. But come on, I'm not on a deadline !

So how about this ?

Thank Dog my kid only half-builds...just like his old man !

I took a look at this as well, but it's too tall and skinny.

Anyway, back to the cutting, chopping, and filling ! Oh, and the beer.....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?