B

Desktop Battle!

Started by B777LR, May 10, 2007, 08:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

:ar:  :ar:  :ar:

1946. The joint german-japanese (and italy) army invade the workbench, capturing tons of styrene. The french, americans and british armies wont allow this. Thus they launched an invasion of the workbench. However, great stalin wouldnt allow the allies getting the whole of workbench for themselves. And so the allies (including the soviet union) landed on the workbench with gliders, landing craft and tanks. But the axis where well prepared. They wouldnt give up the captured F-111 on the workbench. They launched a quick counteroffensive (by the Japanese special forces and afrika korps), using their secret weapon...the giant ladybug!!! :tank:

:cheers:  

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

cthulhu77

Interesting mix of weaponology !  :cheers:

GTX

Hey, look everyone, B777LR has finally snapped!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Martin H

hmm choppers over normandy. now that would have made things a little more interesting, seeing that whirlwind has give me an idea.  but it will have to wait till ive cleared a few of the kits on the go at the mo.

Any way, whats with the Bug? shouldnt it be in the ambush scheme?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Now that's made me smile!  Haven't done that kind of thing since I was a bairn, maybe it's about time I should!!!

Now seeing that Red Arrow in there reminds me that their Hawks are T.1A's & capable of carrying Sidewinders.  I saw pics of one armed up a long while ago & it's reminded me of a real-world (if slightly bizzare) build I wanted to do.  And I've got a 1/48 Hawk in the stash....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

RLBH

Oh-kay...

Definitely seems like exam time, then. And the Axis hav a bit of a thing for bright red, but why not? So did the British Army.

By the way, those die-cast Hawks are bleeding (literally) painful when you jump on them, and catch the tail in the middle of your foot.

BlackOps

Now this looks fun! Hmmm, I'm sure I've got some 1/72 French knights and English Foot soldiers that are itchin' to try out some modern gear  :lol:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

QuoteBy the way, those die-cast Hawks are bleeding (literally) painful when you jump on them, and catch the tail in the middle of your foot.
But its the airfix kit, not diecast  :unsure:  

Gekko_1

:lol: That brings back some happy childhood memories! :P

:cheers:

Richard.

Spey_Phantom

wow, that looks like a fierce battle  :o
reminds of when i was a kid, we used to build bases in the sandbox and play war with toy soldiers, i always liked to drop corks and empty batteries on the enemy base using fighterjets  :lol: .
memories, these days kids use computers to play those games, they never will know the excitement of building bases by hand  -_-  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PanzerWulff

Quotewow, that looks like a fierce battle  :o
reminds of when i was a kid, we used to build bases in the sandbox and play war with toy soldiers, i always liked to drop corks and empty batteries on the enemy base using fighterjets  :lol: .
memories, these days kids use computers to play those games, they never will know the excitement of building bases by hand  -_-
LOL I used to do that or set my lil green army up on the living room floor to fight Godzilla while watching "Creature Double Feature" on saturday afternoons
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

RLBH

QuoteBy the way, those die-cast Hawks are bleeding (literally) painful when you jump on them, and catch the tail in the middle of your foot.
But its the airfix kit, not diecast  :unsure:
Must be a good paintjob then. Probably still hurts though...

B777LR

Yup, i used acrylics ;)  and kit decals ;)  and no putty (had never heard of it back then) ;)  :D  

Rafael

Again, moderators and Admins, PLEASE integrate sound into this forum!!!!

You'll hear my laughter all across the whiffing Planet!!!!
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Excellent thread, B777LR, it has brought a lot of fun to me in a very tense moment. I commend you on a good execrcise of imagination and fun!!!
:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
.....and don't forget the liquid glue bomb!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER