Boeing Sonic Cruiser

Started by Archibald, May 11, 2007, 02:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

This one is at least finished - after a three weeks delay due to ( nightmarish) paint and, eerh, forum problems    

All I need now is "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" decals (1 cm * 20 cm) (see swap shop, I really need help...)

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Brian da Basher

She's a stunner, Archie! Absolutely gorgeous!!! :wub:

Brian da Basher

Rafael

Don't know yet what's my favorite of your long list of subjects Archi, But this one, surely is at the first places!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

B777LR

GTX

Archibald,

Well done!  If there was a kit out, it would be a best seller I'm certain!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Archibald

I agree with you GTX! A Sonic Cruiser kit could be a beater... if only the project was still alive... same thing for the MAKO trainer (I've picked up a F-35 kit yesterday... 2007 is a year of model heavy butchering)

French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

B777LR

The MAKO is dead?  :(

I think a 1/72 sonic cruiser would be a killer. A killer of the manufacturer :P  But a 1/144 would be a real seller ;)  

Spey_Phantom

that is one awesome Sonic cruiser  :wub:
excelent job  :wub:  
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Archibald

QuoteThe MAKO is dead?  :(

I think a 1/72 sonic cruiser would be a killer. A killer of the manufacturer :P  But a 1/144 would be a real seller ;)
Alas, yes it is! The MoU with the EAU is long gone (they'll probably bought T-50).
The project seems to be death for 4 years or so, even if they still show this (superb) mockup at each international airshow...

No way of having a Sonic Cruiser, the project is long death, and there's no hope Boeing resurect it one day. Only model I've seen browsing the web is some horribly expensive (and rather crude) diecast...

I need someone help (and skills) to make "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" decals, I'll pay the sum needed...  

Hobbes

There's at least one kit with the correct decals:Minicraft 707

BlackOps

Archi, she is looking great! I hope you get the decals you need, I think it is the perfect choice for a paint scheme.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

QuoteNo way of having a Sonic Cruiser, the project is long death, and there's no hope Boeing resurect it one day....
Some people now say that Boeing "developed" the sonic cruiser, to specifically develop composites for the 787, without making airbus aware of it. When the sonic cruiser was cancelled, airbus even believed that when boeing launched the 7E7, it would just be another "failed" project.

ysi_maniac

Very well chosen subject and quite a challenge.
Why did I not thought before?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Will die without understanding this world.

Archibald

QuoteThere's at least one kit with the correct decals:Minicraft 707
Thanks for all the cheers comment!

Well there's two solutions for having those damned decals

- buying Minicraft kit, having the decals set, then swapping it with some of you guys  ;)
- asking Minicraft if they agree sending decals alone

Mr Boeing-san, maybe you're right, but they've lost 18 months doing that  ;)
This was time when Airbus went ahead of them (and they still are, despite their current difficulties  :rolleyes: )

Do you remember 24 season 4, when Mitch Anderson shot down Keeler's AF1 with a F-117 ? This season is supposed to happen circa 2009, which would be the right time to replace VC-25s...
Maybe something like Bush Jr coming to Saudi Arabia in mid-2008, its 747 is ambushed by Saudis Tornados F3 and barely escape... now the US president need another aircraft  

B777LR

Quote(and they still are, despite their current difficulties  :rolleyes: )
Nah, airbus is 15 years behind boeing  ^_^

What would you be interested in trading for the 707, given that you got hold of it?